forgot pass?
Keep me Logged In
Hide Session

VGC 101: Teaching newcomers the official metagame!

Get and receive advice on building your party and customizing Pokemon.
User avatar
superus_malum11
IGN: Exsanguine
4141-3491-2984
3DS Friend Code
Posts: 3798
Joined: Mon May 19, 2014 5:11 pm
Contact:

Re: VGC 101: Teaching newcomers the official metagame!

Postby superus_malum11 » Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:30 am



Nooga wrote:



superus_malum11 wrote:



superus_malum11 wrote:



Nooga wrote:



superus_malum11 wrote:

so a question about VGC. Do you have to pay to participate? and is there like an entrance fee or something like that?



Nope! All free!



it's all free?



so another question. are there prizes? if so what kind and is there consolation prize as well?





Pretty sure 1st-4th place get trophies. 1st prize at regionals was a 2ds and some cards, at nats 1st-4th place get invites to worlds and probably cards as well




trophies I know they have, but invites are worth it. so another incentive to come.
SIG IN PROGRESS

User avatar
Nooga
Head Moderator
IGN: Nic
1177-6927-8137
3DS Friend Code
Posts: 2946
Joined: Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:29 pm

Re: VGC 101: Teaching newcomers the official metagame!

Postby Nooga » Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:31 pm



superus_malum11 wrote:



Nooga wrote:



superus_malum11 wrote:



superus_malum11 wrote:



Nooga wrote:



superus_malum11 wrote:

so a question about VGC. Do you have to pay to participate? and is there like an entrance fee or something like that?



Nope! All free!



it's all free?



so another question. are there prizes? if so what kind and is there consolation prize as well?





Pretty sure 1st-4th place get trophies. 1st prize at regionals was a 2ds and some cards, at nats 1st-4th place get invites to worlds and probably cards as well



trophies I know they have, but invites are worth it. so another incentive to come.






Yeah.
oX5T3cn.png

User avatar
Nooga
Head Moderator
IGN: Nic
1177-6927-8137
3DS Friend Code
Posts: 2946
Joined: Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:29 pm

Re: VGC 101: Teaching newcomers the official metagame!

Postby Nooga » Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:00 pm

Added more stuff
oX5T3cn.png

User avatar
Nooga
Head Moderator
IGN: Nic
1177-6927-8137
3DS Friend Code
Posts: 2946
Joined: Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:29 pm

Re: VGC 101: Teaching newcomers the official metagame!

Postby Nooga » Sat Nov 15, 2014 4:44 pm

Added stuff for 2015
oX5T3cn.png

User avatar
superus_malum11
IGN: Exsanguine
4141-3491-2984
3DS Friend Code
Posts: 3798
Joined: Mon May 19, 2014 5:11 pm
Contact:

Re: VGC 101: Teaching newcomers the official metagame!

Postby superus_malum11 » Sat Nov 15, 2014 6:59 pm

man, I need to start getting into these VGC's. but every day my free time seems to diminish.


I wonder when the next one nearest to me will happen...
SIG IN PROGRESS

User avatar
Nooga
Head Moderator
IGN: Nic
1177-6927-8137
3DS Friend Code
Posts: 2946
Joined: Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:29 pm

Re: VGC 101: Teaching newcomers the official metagame!

Postby Nooga » Sat Nov 15, 2014 7:39 pm



superus_malum11 wrote:

man, I need to start getting into these VGC's. but every day my free time seems to diminish.


I wonder when the next one nearest to me will happen...




Usually the regional championships are on in many towns in the US. That'll be your best shot
oX5T3cn.png

User avatar
superus_malum11
IGN: Exsanguine
4141-3491-2984
3DS Friend Code
Posts: 3798
Joined: Mon May 19, 2014 5:11 pm
Contact:

Re: VGC 101: Teaching newcomers the official metagame!

Postby superus_malum11 » Sat Nov 15, 2014 7:50 pm



Nooga wrote:



superus_malum11 wrote:

man, I need to start getting into these VGC's. but every day my free time seems to diminish.


I wonder when the next one nearest to me will happen...



Usually the regional championships are on in many towns in the US. That'll be your best shot




is there some kind of ZIP code finder for it, or something related closely to a search for nearest location?


'cause that'll be nice to use.
SIG IN PROGRESS

User avatar
Nooga
Head Moderator
IGN: Nic
1177-6927-8137
3DS Friend Code
Posts: 2946
Joined: Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:29 pm

Re: VGC 101: Teaching newcomers the official metagame!

Postby Nooga » Sun Nov 16, 2014 1:41 pm



superus_malum11 wrote:



Nooga wrote:



superus_malum11 wrote:

man, I need to start getting into these VGC's. but every day my free time seems to diminish.


I wonder when the next one nearest to me will happen...



Usually the regional championships are on in many towns in the US. That'll be your best shot



is there some kind of ZIP code finder for it, or something related closely to a search for nearest location?


'cause that'll be nice to use.






I think there's a finder on the official pokemon website (Play! Pokemon event finder). Mind you, won't be regionals 'til next year.
oX5T3cn.png

User avatar
superus_malum11
IGN: Exsanguine
4141-3491-2984
3DS Friend Code
Posts: 3798
Joined: Mon May 19, 2014 5:11 pm
Contact:

Re: VGC 101: Teaching newcomers the official metagame!

Postby superus_malum11 » Sun Nov 16, 2014 1:42 pm



Nooga wrote:



superus_malum11 wrote:



Nooga wrote:



superus_malum11 wrote:

man, I need to start getting into these VGC's. but every day my free time seems to diminish.


I wonder when the next one nearest to me will happen...



Usually the regional championships are on in many towns in the US. That'll be your best shot



is there some kind of ZIP code finder for it, or something related closely to a search for nearest location?


'cause that'll be nice to use.





I think there's a finder on the official pokemon website (Play! Pokemon event finder). Mind you, won't be regionals 'til next year.




mind going a bit more in depth about that.
SIG IN PROGRESS

User avatar
Nooga
Head Moderator
IGN: Nic
1177-6927-8137
3DS Friend Code
Posts: 2946
Joined: Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:29 pm

Re: VGC 101: Teaching newcomers the official metagame!

Postby Nooga » Sun Nov 16, 2014 1:46 pm



superus_malum11 wrote:



Nooga wrote:



superus_malum11 wrote:



Nooga wrote:



superus_malum11 wrote:

man, I need to start getting into these VGC's. but every day my free time seems to diminish.


I wonder when the next one nearest to me will happen...



Usually the regional championships are on in many towns in the US. That'll be your best shot



is there some kind of ZIP code finder for it, or something related closely to a search for nearest location?


'cause that'll be nice to use.





I think there's a finder on the official pokemon website (Play! Pokemon event finder). Mind you, won't be regionals 'til next year.



mind going a bit more in depth about that.






IDK much about it, 'cos it's useless for aussies. Also I'm at school and the official site's banned. Sorry.
oX5T3cn.png


Return to “Team Building”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

cron