forgot pass?
Keep me Logged In
Hide Session

Pokemon that works well with Swampert and Typhlosion!

Get and receive advice on building your party and customizing Pokemon.
cuddles1
IGN: Amanda
5112-4018-4427
3DS Friend Code

Pokemon that works well with Swampert and Typhlosion!

Postby cuddles1 » Wed Mar 02, 2016 3:13 pm

Ok so my main used pokemon through the years are Swampert and Typhlosion! In Pokemon Silver Typhlosion was a beast, with a move set of flamethrower, earthquake, hyper beam and flame wheel (before Gen 6 came around) Had it to level 97 before I lost my game which almost destroyed me with all that hard work for nothing!

Then there's Swampert, another beast which leveled up to 100 in about a year playing Sapphire became my most used pokemon years to come! ( literally) After beating Sapphire, I traded Swampert from game to game (Ruby, Colosseum, XD, Diamond Pearl and Platinum!) Helping to progress my games faster, I never had any problems. Plus with a move set being surf, blizzard, earthquake and Ice beam, hardly had any competition!

With that being said and all the new pokemon out there these days, was curious which pokemon would work best with Swampert and Typhlosion! (Ps, Swampert can now mega evolve and is currently in Alpha Sapphire)

Nooga
Head Moderator
IGN: Nic
1177-6927-8137
3DS Friend Code

Re: Pokemon that works well with Swampert and Typhlosion!

Postby Nooga » Wed Mar 02, 2016 6:35 pm

cuddles1 wrote:Ok so my main used pokemon through the years are Swampert and Typhlosion! In Pokemon Silver Typhlosion was a beast, with a move set of flamethrower, earthquake, hyper beam and flame wheel (before Gen 6 came around) Had it to level 97 before I lost my game which almost destroyed me with all that hard work for nothing!

Then there's Swampert, another beast which leveled up to 100 in about a year playing Sapphire became my most used pokemon years to come! ( literally) After beating Sapphire, I traded Swampert from game to game (Ruby, Colosseum, XD, Diamond Pearl and Platinum!) Helping to progress my games faster, I never had any problems. Plus with a move set being surf, blizzard, earthquake and Ice beam, hardly had any competition!

With that being said and all the new pokemon out there these days, was curious which pokemon would work best with Swampert and Typhlosion! (Ps, Swampert can now mega evolve and is currently in Alpha Sapphire)

TBH the movesets could use some work. Swampert should never have special moves. Replace surf with waterfall, and if you want an ice move, ice punch or avalanche work better. Perhaps a fighting move like Hammer arm to replace whichever ice move you leave behind. Typhlosion really benefits from having Eruption, so maybe something like Eruption/Flamethrower/Focus Blast and if you like gimmick hax, Attract. Otherwise, IDK, Hidden Power or something.

As for the extra pokemon, Chesnaught. Resist's Typhlosion's weaknesses, Swampert covers Chesnaughts. Or perhaps a flying type. I'm not great at singles XD
oX5T3cn.png

cuddles1
5112-4018-4427
3DS Friend Code

Postby cuddles1 » Wed Mar 02, 2016 7:13 pm

TBH the movesets could use some work. Swampert should never have special moves. Replace surf with waterfall, and if you want an ice move, ice punch or avalanche work better. Perhaps a fighting move like Hammer arm to replace whichever ice move you leave behind. Typhlosion really benefits from having Eruption, so maybe something like Eruption/Flamethrower/Focus Blast and if you like gimmick hax, Attract. Otherwise, IDK, Hidden Power or something.

As for the extra pokemon, Chesnaught. Resist's Typhlosion's weaknesses, Swampert covers Chesnaughts. Or perhaps a flying type. I'm not great at singles XD[/quote]

Actually since sending Swampert to Alpha Sapphire, I did change up move set due to new moves they can learn. Surf was a move I love more than waterfall for some reason, and throughout gameplay surf hasn't failed me! However I did teach it hammer arm and will take advice to teach it avalanche and replace blizzard! Typhlosion I have now does know eruption, and like the idea of focus blast!

For a flying type, how about dragon/flying type Salamence? One of my favorite dragon type.... Thank you for advice, really appreciate it!!!

Also looking for pokemon teams that doesn't include legendary pokemon... have great teams with legendary pokemon!

Nooga
Head Moderator
1177-6927-8137
3DS Friend Code

Postby Nooga » Sun Mar 06, 2016 5:09 pm

Salamence would be an excellent addition! Its Mega in particular is nasty. Remember to use Normal-Type moves over Flying-Type moves if you're using MegaMence as Aerilate increases their power. Additional power + STAB will cause enemies a world of pain.
oX5T3cn.png

cuddles1
5112-4018-4427
3DS Friend Code

Postby cuddles1 » Mon Mar 07, 2016 1:07 pm

Salamence would be an excellent addition! Its Mega in particular is nasty. Remember to use Normal-Type moves over Flying-Type moves if you're using MegaMence as Aerilate increases their power. Additional power + STAB will cause enemies a world of pain.

Thanks for the info, and will look into some powerful normal type moves for Salamence!!! I play pokemon since I was a kid and try to come up with great combos, but love hearing advice from others!!! Sadly I don't know too much about STAB like I should, but I do know the basics at least. Plus it doesn't help that not too many people around me play pokemon so I'm kinda on my own!

Also sometime next week I'll be trying something new in Pokemon SoulSilver. Will be playing the game from beginning to end with a team of eevee evolutions only! (no johto starters or any others pokemon) all eevee evolutions will be at level 1and evolved, except for Umbreon and or Espeon due to friendship to evolve! The eevee evolutions will be Flareon, Vaporeon, Leafeon, Umbreon, Jolteon (and deciding between Glaceon and Espeon, though leaning towards Espeon due to being my favorite with Umbreon!)

Nooga
Head Moderator
1177-6927-8137
3DS Friend Code

Postby Nooga » Mon Mar 07, 2016 3:52 pm

cuddles1 wrote:Salamence would be an excellent addition! Its Mega in particular is nasty. Remember to use Normal-Type moves over Flying-Type moves if you're using MegaMence as Aerilate increases their power. Additional power + STAB will cause enemies a world of pain.

Thanks for the info, and will look into some powerful normal type moves for Salamence!!! I play pokemon since I was a kid and try to come up with great combos, but love hearing advice from others!!! Sadly I don't know too much about STAB like I should, but I do know the basics at least. Plus it doesn't help that not too many people around me play pokemon so I'm kinda on my own!

Righto, so STAB or Same-Type Attack Bonus means that when you use a move of the same type you get a 50% boost in that move's power. The thing with Aerilate on MegaMence is that Aerilate's boost stacks with STAB. For example, Aerial Ace on Mence would be Base 60 x 1.5 (adds 50%), making it Base 90. However if you had a Base 60 normal move on MegaMence, it would be Base 60 x 1.5 x a further 1.3, making a total x1.95 (a whopping 95% boost) making it a power of 117.

And that is your lesson in STAB. Have a nice day :)
oX5T3cn.png

cuddles1
5112-4018-4427
3DS Friend Code

Postby cuddles1 » Mon Mar 07, 2016 5:22 pm

Righto, so STAB or Same-Type Attack Bonus means that when you use a move of the same type you get a 50% boost in that move's power. The thing with Aerilate on MegaMence is that Aerilate's boost stacks with STAB. For example, Aerial Ace on Mence would be Base 60 x 1.5 (adds 50%), making it Base 90. However if you had a Base 60 normal move on MegaMence, it would be Base 60 x 1.5 x a further 1.3, making a total x1.95 (a whopping 95% boost) making it a power of 117.

And that is your lesson in STAB. Have a nice day :)

Awesome, could never figure that part out, even with guides it never made sense to me for some reason! Your response is perfect, thank you for your help!! Truly appreciate it!!!!

Nooga
Head Moderator
1177-6927-8137
3DS Friend Code

Postby Nooga » Mon Mar 07, 2016 5:55 pm

No problem buddy. Happy to help out :)
oX5T3cn.png

Return to “Team Building”