forgot pass?
Keep me Logged In
Hide Session

Feedback on my (first) double battle team?

Get and receive advice on building your party and customizing Pokemon.
Hannad
IGN: Hannad
2122-6741-1626
3DS Friend Code

Feedback on my (first) double battle team?

Postby Hannad » Tue Mar 29, 2016 6:17 am

Hello everyone, I'm fairly new to the competitive scene of Pokemon and I've been having a really hard time designing a team for double and triple battles. I really need some feedback and suggestions for the other two slots. My current team consists of:

Azumarill (F) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Huge Power
Level: 60
EVs: 92 HP / 252 Atk / 164 SpD
Adamant Nature
IVs: 0 SpA
- Belly Drum
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough

I was also thinking of removing either aqua jet or waterfall and replacing them with knock off or super power, but I'm not sure if it's worth it.

Sableye (F) @ Sablenite
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 112 Def / 144 Spe
Careful Nature
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Foul Play

I don't really know what I was expecting tbh, I just imagined that Sableye would be very good with Azumarill because of the taunt-belly drum combo. Criticism, feedback, and suggestions would be highly appreciated.

XxAsunaxX
IGN: Asuna
0662-3769-1291
3DS Friend Code

Re: Feedback on my (first) double battle team?

Postby XxAsunaxX » Tue Mar 29, 2016 9:35 am

Hannad wrote:Hello everyone, I'm fairly new to the competitive scene of Pokemon and I've been having a really hard time designing a team for double and triple battles. I really need some feedback and suggestions for the other two slots. My current team consists of:

Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough

I was also thinking of removing either aqua jet or waterfall and replacing them with knock off or super power, but I'm not sure if it's worth it.

Sableye (F) @ Sablenite
Careful Nature
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Foul Play

I don't really know what I was expecting tbh, I just imagined that Sableye would be very good with Azumarill because of the taunt-belly drum combo. Criticism, feedback, and suggestions would be highly appreciated.

Belly Drum it's a risky move to have on doubles, even knowing you will get 25% back from Sitrus Berry, who knows if the opponent isn't to attack your Azumarill 2x? or maybe he gonna use a move that hit both of your pokemon?

You can still have it, but you need to know when to use it right.

Aqua Jet you should keep it, it's a stab move with +1 priority, if you know you gonna die, you can at least do dmg before that happen, or if the opponent has a pokemon with low HP, you can finish him off, and the dmg won't be that bad either with Adamant 252 Att plus Belly Drum.

Your Sableye moves are good, but not good for a Mega Sableye (imo), you could get 252 HP/252Def/4SpAtt or SpDef, then get Calm Mind on him with Shadow Ball, keeping Recover and Will-O-Wisp (even if you Mega, Will-O-Wisp still gets priority from Prankster on that round, and it's a godd move to have to cut Physical Sweepers Att in half).

Kilgore98
IGN: Jacob
4656-8609-8114
3DS Friend Code

Re: Feedback on my (first) double battle team?

Postby Kilgore98 » Tue Mar 29, 2016 1:05 pm

Hannad wrote:Hello everyone, I'm fairly new to the competitive scene of Pokemon and I've been having a really hard time designing a team for double and triple battles. I really need some feedback and suggestions for the other two slots. My current team consists of:

Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough

Sableye (F) @ Sablenite
Careful Nature
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Foul Play

If you are going to run Belly Drum then try using a Pokemon with Follow Me that has good defenses like Clefable or maybe Togekiss. You could also use Rage Powder Amoongus.

Return to “Team Building”