forgot pass?
Keep me Logged In
Hide Session

CoroCoro Reveal - New Pokémon Magiana

This is the place to talk about Pokemon Rumors, Gossip, and anything that is unconfirmed about the Pokemon universe.
kelv
IGN: Kelvin
1349-6474-1549
3DS Friend Code

Re: CoroCoro Reveal - New Pokémon Magiana

Postby kelv » Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:08 am

Ralloen wrote:I've had one before. It was in no-way legit and you can't evolve it into a "eternal" florges or breed it for an eternal flabebe - it remains only a floette, but it does have light of ruin which is a good attack

Yup. The addition of the Light of Ruin move is interesting. There is no point to add a new move which no legit pokemon can use.
Last edited by kelv on Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ralloen
IGN: Ralloen
3969-7796-6811
3DS Friend Code

Postby Ralloen » Mon Feb 22, 2016 1:05 pm

well volcanion has steam eruption, and technically at the moment that pokemon isn't 100% legit yet - well as in Game Freak haven't physically given it out, waved it in our faces saying "here's a new pokemon to add to our massive collection of pokemons! Heh..." and that strictly speaking can be classed as "illegal" to have at the moment.

That said, steam eruption has something in common with light of ruin - except both coming from technicall un-legit pokemon. They both can be seen as more powerful forms of moves - light of ruin is the "mega" attack of moonblast and Steam Eruption is the "mega" atack form of scald, each with pretty decent power behind it having around 140 base power i think and only 90 accuracy for light of ruin - but with a LOT of recoil damage and steam eruption is the slightly lower powered base power of only 115 but has 95 accuracy. Considering these are both sp.atk moves - if usable with a pokemon with immensly high sp.atk - although each pokemon these moves are made for have pretty impressive sp.atk stats in their own rights, so if (as an example) we had a kyogre with 252 ev for sp.atk with a modest nature giving it just over 500 as a sp.atk stat when primal reversed. Anyway, the point being, if this thing used either attack, it would probably either OHKO or just about OHKO any pokemon that doesn't take "not-very-effective-damage" from the attacks or have insanely high sp.def these moves could DESTROY teams in seconds.

Now if we take the pokemon and their moves;

If we apply what I went into with Kyogre with AZ's Floette, it is given a sp.atk stat of 383. This with light of ruin could be the death of other pokemon. Kinda useful considering it was given life by taking others and this can give it the power to do so - well make them faint anyway (unless you're the gen 1/3 ratatta of Blue's team)

Then we do similar with Volcanion and we get 394 for it's sp.atk and it again makes a deadly move

UnkeptSpoon50
4511-0605-9316
3DS Friend Code

Postby UnkeptSpoon50 » Mon Feb 22, 2016 1:27 pm

Ugh. Not ANOTHER humaniod female(I realize mythicals dont have genders) mythical pokemon. I hated diance because it looked too..... I dunno, feminine?  This one is just lazy. And whats up with the bunny ears, like really?. It seems like after gen 5, game freak just gave up on mythicals, because the last one I liked in gen 5 since gen 5 ended was Genesect. Keldeo, meh, Melloetta was just weird due to its normal typing, which ruined everything a pure psyhic that could change into its resistance would have going for it. 

Ralloen
IGN: Ralloen
3969-7796-6811
3DS Friend Code

Postby Ralloen » Mon Feb 22, 2016 2:22 pm

UnkeptSpoon50 wrote:Ugh. Not ANOTHER humaniod female(I realize mythicals dont have genders) mythical pokemon. I hated diance because it looked too..... I dunno, feminine?  This one is just lazy. And whats up with the bunny ears, like really?. It seems like after gen 5, game freak just gave up on mythicals, because the last one I liked in gen 5 since gen 5 ended was Genesect. Keldeo, meh, Melloetta was just weird due to its normal typing, which ruined everything a pure psyhic that could change into its resistance would have going for it. 

No, I personally think that Meloetta needed something as well as psychic - and besides its normal typing actually works in its favour - having weakness only to dark and bug as a result

ponyfan
IGN: Heciel
1435-6656-9415
3DS Friend Code

Postby ponyfan » Tue Feb 23, 2016 8:40 am

QuantumRanger wrote:Its speculation at the moment, being "the Man Made Pokemon" and all. Seeing as most man made stuff is steel its safe to speculate that at least.

This *_*
Why be the first if you can be the fifth or twelfth?

Odaxis
IGN: Odaxis
5387-1183-7266
3DS Friend Code

Postby Odaxis » Tue Feb 23, 2016 11:35 pm

rmcqu1 wrote:They said Magearna was created 500 years ago and AZ's era was 3000 years ago. It doesn't really match up.

What if AZ got REALLY drunk one night 500 years ago and Made Magearna on a bet that he lost?
Join us on Discord - https://discord.gg/0dtdHHaqREvrHycl
Learn the basics of PKHeX - http://www.pokedit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=133&t=15264

rmcqu1
IGN: Ryan
0963-3726-5094
3DS Friend Code

Postby rmcqu1 » Wed Feb 24, 2016 5:18 am

Odaxis wrote:
rmcqu1 wrote:They said Magearna was created 500 years ago and AZ's era was 3000 years ago. It doesn't really match up.

What if AZ got REALLY drunk one night 500 years ago and Made Magearna on a bet that he lost?

I don't think that hapened because AZ was looking for his Florette during that time.
Arceus Giveaway: http://www.pokedit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=122&t=12742
Join the PokEdit-Challonge Tournament Group: http://www.pokedit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=54&t=14544
Image Image

Odaxis
IGN: Odaxis
5387-1183-7266
3DS Friend Code

Postby Odaxis » Wed Feb 24, 2016 5:35 am

rmcqu1 wrote:I don't think that hapened because AZ was looking for his Florette during that time.

Yup. But this one night he got REALLY drunk though see.
Join us on Discord - https://discord.gg/0dtdHHaqREvrHycl
Learn the basics of PKHeX - http://www.pokedit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=133&t=15264

Return to “Pokemon Gossip”