forgot pass?
Keep me Logged In
Hide Session

A Little Thing I Find Useful For Trading + Tips

Discuss anything related to Pokemon X & Y.
XxMewxX
IGN: Reaghan
4270-0483-6118
3DS Friend Code

A Little Thing I Find Useful For Trading + Tips

Postby XxMewxX » Sat Mar 07, 2015 10:18 pm

Sometimes whenever I want to be ready for any requests on the PPS, sometimes I miss the sound when someone requests something. So what I discovered was on Route 14, there's the Scary House that you've gone in for the story in the past. So I went in there, and I found out there was no music played in there. So whenever I'm doing something else and I want to see if I get a request, I usually stay in there to hear the beep. Hope this helped!

As promised in the title, here's some useful tips for trading:

-Make sure you'll use the Pokemon you want, rather than having it rot in your PC box.

If you trade a useful Pokemon for another Pokemon you want, but you'll let it rot, don't trade for it. It's better to have a Pokemon you can use rather than having them rot in your PC.

-Look at the stats and moveset before trading.

I always have Bulbapedia opened when I trade. Whenever I look at the movesets and stats, I make sure they all make sense. Bulbapedia is useful for this so in case there's a bad move for the Pokemon you want, you can see if the bad move can be replaced by a good move by TM. But if it's easier just to experiment, go on ahead!

-Don't trust scams.

There's lots of scams out there, like people promising they'll level up your Pokemon and they'll return it immediately after leveling it up. If they have Rare Candies, they could level it up and use it for themselves, or if they truly level it up by battling, they'll get attached to your Pokemon and they won't give it back and/or they'll forget it was a request. Only do the leveling up thing with someone you trust!

Another common scam is people wanting to "test out your Pokemon" to make sure they want it, and they'll usually try to persuade you to trade something bad for it. Also watch out for this!

-Watch out for hacks.

I don't know what these engines are called, but there are people out there that use engines to have trades be automatically accepted. The way most people get away with this is they either say they want to look at your Pokemon's stats and they'll accept the trade with the Pokemon, or they'll press "Offer" on a really bad Pokemon and you'll have to put up a Pokmon and cancel it yourself in order to continue. If something like that happens, just put up a really bad Pokemon as well just to be safe.

-If you use the GTS, don't put up any special event Pokemon.

This includes Pokemon such as Diancie, Hoopa, Volcanion, Mew, Phione, Manaphy, etc. These Pokemon cannot be traded due to them being special, so if you put up a Pokemon and it has one of these Pokemon up, not only will it break hearts but it will also make your GTS request pretty much useless.

That's all I have for now. I hope you liked these tips and the trick! [img]images/smilies/icon_e_smile.gif[/img]
Image XxMewxX

XxAsunaxX
IGN: Asuna
0662-3769-1291
3DS Friend Code

Re: A Little Thing I Find Useful For Trading + Tips

Postby XxAsunaxX » Sat Mar 07, 2015 10:31 pm

XxMewxX wrote:Sometimes whenever I want to be ready for any requests on the PPS, sometimes I miss the sound when someone requests something. So what I discovered was on Route 14, there's the Scary House that you've gone in for the story in the past. So I went in there, and I found out there was no music played in there. So whenever I'm doing something else and I want to see if I get a request, I usually stay in there to hear the beep. Hope this helped!

As promised in the title, here's some useful tips for trading:

-Make sure you'll use the Pokemon you want, rather than having it rot in your PC box.

If you trade a useful Pokemon for another Pokemon you want, but you'll let it rot, don't trade for it. It's better to have a Pokemon you can use rather than having them rot in your PC.

-Look at the stats and moveset before trading.

I always have Bulbapedia opened when I trade. Whenever I look at the movesets and stats, I make sure they all make sense. Bulbapedia is useful for this so in case there's a bad move for the Pokemon you want, you can see if the bad move can be replaced by a good move by TM. But if it's easier just to experiment, go on ahead!

-Don't trust scams.

There's lots of scams out there, like people promising they'll level up your Pokemon and they'll return it immediately after leveling it up. If they have Rare Candies, they could level it up and use it for themselves, or if they truly level it up by battling, they'll get attached to your Pokemon and they won't give it back and/or they'll forget it was a request. Only do the leveling up thing with someone you trust!

Another common scam is people wanting to "test out your Pokemon" to make sure they want it, and they'll usually try to persuade you to trade something bad for it. Also watch out for this!

-Watch out for hacks.

I don't know what these engines are called, but there are people out there that use engines to have trades be automatically accepted. The way most people get away with this is they either say they want to look at your Pokemon's stats and they'll accept the trade with the Pokemon, or they'll press "Offer" on a really bad Pokemon and you'll have to put up a Pokmon and cancel it yourself in order to continue. If something like that happens, just put up a really bad Pokemon as well just to be safe.

-If you use the GTS, don't put up any special event Pokemon.

This includes Pokemon such as Diancie, Hoopa, Volcanion, Mew, Phione, Manaphy, etc. These Pokemon cannot be traded due to them being special, so if you put up a Pokemon and it has one of these Pokemon up, not only will it break hearts but it will also make your GTS request pretty much useless.

That's all I have for now. I hope you liked these tips and the trick! [img]images/smilies/icon_e_smile.gif[/img]

If someone gets scamed just come to PokEdit and request it again :D

XxAsunaxX
IGN: Asuna
0662-3769-1291
3DS Friend Code

Re: A Little Thing I Find Useful For Trading + Tips

Postby XxAsunaxX » Sat Mar 07, 2015 10:34 pm

either way if you want a competitive pokemon just breed it yourself or just edit one.
most ppl dont trade competitive pokemon, they just trade a pokemon someone needs for a pokemon they need :D

Return to “Pokemon X & Y”