I'll explain it step by step for the Flash Card Method (R4, M3, Acekard etc..). I'll use the M3 and Pokemon Black as an example but it works the same for any flash card and Pokemon Version you use:
- Micro SD Card
- Flash Card (R4, M3, Acekard etc.. etc..)
- A legit 5th Gen Pokemon cartridge (Black/White/Black 2/White 2)
- Two DS/3DS to use for trading pokemon between the flash card & legit pokemon cartridge.
- Spare pokemon to trade on your legit Pokemon cartridge. (Junk Pokemon)
- A pokemon save editor such as Pokesav or PokeGen. If your using Pokesav, make sure you have the correct version.
- An active subscription to Pokemon Bank as well as the application and Pokemon Transporter on your 3DS.
- A Pokemon Black/White/Black 2/White 2 rom. (We will not supply you with one)
- Pokemon .sav file that has access to the Union Room.
2. Drag your save file for Pokemon Black (in my case it looks like "Pokemon Black Version.sav") from your Micro SD Card to somewhere on your PC. I like to make a separate folder to organize my Save & PKM files so their not scattered on my desktop.
3. Start up Pokegen or Pokesav and open up your "Pokemon Black Version.sav".
- If using Pokesav, click on the button in the left had corner that says "open" and select your "Pokemon Black Version.sav" file
- If using Pokegen, click on "File" and then "Open" and select your "Pokemon Black Version.sav." Also, go to "Options" and then "Target Game" and select "Black/White" (Remember, I'm using Pokemon Black as an example for this guide)
5. Inject the ".PKM's" into your "Pokemon Black Version.sav" using Pokegen/Pokesav. I won't tell you how to do that in this guide as there are already many guides on how to do that already,
6. After you're done injecting pokemon into your "Pokemon Black Version.sav", save the changes you've made and then close Pokegen/Pokesav.
7. Drag your "Pokemon Black Version.sav" back onto your Micro SD Card and paste over your unedited "Pokemon Black Version.sav".
8. Insert your Micro SD card into your M3 and start up Pokemon Black and also start up your 2nd DS with your legit Pokemon Black cartridge.
9. Use the Union Room to trade pokemon from your Pokemon Black on your M3 to your legit Pokemon Black cartridge. Important: Remember, unlike how the GTS worked, you have to trade pokemon so make sure your legit Pokemon Black has spare pokemon to trade over to the Pokemon Black on your Flash Card
10. Vuala!!! You can now use your legit cartridge of Pokemon Black to send pokemon to the Pokemon Bank and send them to your Pokemon X/Y and OR/AS.
While this is very tedious and time consuming, it's still a way to get pokemon over to your X/Y and OR/AS if you own a flash card and own 2 DS/3DS, that is until a 6th gen GTS hack comes into play. Enjoy! If you have any questions, feel free to ask.
Tips and Additional Info:
- When creating Pokemon, make sure to attach a Master Ball on them. This way you can easily catch pokemon in your legit cartridge for trading to your Flash card.
- Turn down the volume on both DS as it'll drive you insane while trading.
- If you need a Micro SD Card Reader you can purchase the one FlameSpeedster owns here on Amazon.
- Any handheld in the "Nintendo DS Family" will work for this guide. A handheld in the "Nintendo 3DS Family" is still required though.
- Pokemon Black/White/Black 2/White 2 can be bought in the PokEdit Store if needed.