forgot pass?
Keep me Logged In
Hide Session

Guide: How to Get Pokemon to X/Y Using the "R4" Method

Discuss anything related to Pokemon X & Y.
User avatar
torkam
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed May 21, 2014 1:56 pm

Re: Guide: How to Get Pokemon to X/Y Using the "R4" Method

Postby torkam » Sat May 24, 2014 7:27 am



Trikeboy wrote:

Only one DS/3DS? You can still get your Pokemon onto your game, without using a rom.  


1. Get a flash cart, download savegame manager, smallftp and Pokegen.  


2. Install savegame manager onto your flash cart.  Install and set up smallftp. (Google will help you set them up)


3. Use savegame manager to export your save to your PC via FTP.  


4. Open the .sav via Pokegen and add your Pokemon.  


5.Import the .sav using savegame manager back into the retail cart.  


Bingo, You have your Pokemon.  Takes a bit longer but it is still possible.


Download links:

https://code.google.com/p/savegame-manager/downloads/list

http://smallftpd.sourceforge.net/

http://www.pokedit.com/download/pokegen.php






That only works with a normal ds/ds lite doesn't it?

User avatar
Spectrelepsy
Posts: 68
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:44 pm

Re: Guide: How to Get Pokemon to X/Y Using the "R4" Method

Postby Spectrelepsy » Sat May 24, 2014 10:26 am



torkam wrote:



Trikeboy wrote:

Only one DS/3DS? You can still get your Pokemon onto your game, without using a rom.  


1. Get a flash cart, download savegame manager, smallftp and Pokegen.  


2. Install savegame manager onto your flash cart.  Install and set up smallftp. (Google will help you set them up)


3. Use savegame manager to export your save to your PC via FTP.  


4. Open the .sav via Pokegen and add your Pokemon.  


5.Import the .sav using savegame manager back into the retail cart.  


Bingo, You have your Pokemon.  Takes a bit longer but it is still possible.


Download links:

https://code.google.com/p/savegame-manager/downloads/list

http://smallftpd.sourceforge.net/

http://www.pokedit.com/download/pokegen.php





That only works with a normal ds/ds lite doesn't it?







Yeah, DS/DS Lite only from what I read up on.
GNwrzFJ.png

User avatar
Trikeboy
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:16 am

Re: Guide: How to Get Pokemon to X/Y Using the "R4" Method

Postby Trikeboy » Sun May 25, 2014 2:08 am



Spectrelepsy wrote:



torkam wrote:



Trikeboy wrote:

Only one DS/3DS? You can still get your Pokemon onto your game, without using a rom.  


1. Get a flash cart, download savegame manager, smallftp and Pokegen.  


2. Install savegame manager onto your flash cart.  Install and set up smallftp. (Google will help you set them up)


3. Use savegame manager to export your save to your PC via FTP.  


4. Open the .sav via Pokegen and add your Pokemon.  


5.Import the .sav using savegame manager back into the retail cart.  


Bingo, You have your Pokemon.  Takes a bit longer but it is still possible.


Download links:

https://code.google.com/p/savegame-manager/downloads/list

http://smallftpd.sourceforge.net/

http://www.pokedit.com/download/pokegen.php





That only works with a normal ds/ds lite doesn't it?






Yeah, DS/DS Lite only from what I read up on.






I'm unable to check if it only works on DS as my flash cart only works on DS/DS Lite.  I don't have a card that works on DSi or 3DS.  It does work though.  I was playing Pokemon Soul Silver on a rom, then got a retail cart and backed up my save onto it.

User avatar
torkam
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed May 21, 2014 1:56 pm

Re: Guide: How to Get Pokemon to X/Y Using the "R4" Method

Postby torkam » Sun May 25, 2014 3:25 am



Trikeboy wrote:



Spectrelepsy wrote:



torkam wrote:



Trikeboy wrote:

Only one DS/3DS? You can still get your Pokemon onto your game, without using a rom.  


1. Get a flash cart, download savegame manager, smallftp and Pokegen.  


2. Install savegame manager onto your flash cart.  Install and set up smallftp. (Google will help you set them up)


3. Use savegame manager to export your save to your PC via FTP.  


4. Open the .sav via Pokegen and add your Pokemon.  


5.Import the .sav using savegame manager back into the retail cart.  


Bingo, You have your Pokemon.  Takes a bit longer but it is still possible.


Download links:

https://code.google.com/p/savegame-manager/downloads/list

http://smallftpd.sourceforge.net/

http://www.pokedit.com/download/pokegen.php





That only works with a normal ds/ds lite doesn't it?






Yeah, DS/DS Lite only from what I read up on.





I'm unable to check if it only works on DS as my flash cart only works on DS/DS Lite.  I don't have a card that works on DSi or 3DS.  It does work though.  I was playing Pokemon Soul Silver on a rom, then got a retail cart and backed up my save onto it.







The reason it probably doesn't work is because at some point during the process you need to swap cartridges while the ds is still on. If you do it on a ds/ds lite the system will stay on and it will recognize the cartridge after the swap, while the 3ds apparently turns off once you take out the cartridge. So the only way to get the .sav file from the cartridge with a 3ds is using a save dongle :/

User avatar
Argenis25
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:04 am

Re: Guide: How to Get Pokemon to X/Y Using the "R4" Method

Postby Argenis25 » Sun May 25, 2014 2:08 pm

So a normal R4 won't work with my 3DS? I only have 2 3DS. 

User avatar
FlameSpeedster
Moderator
IGN: Kyle
0834-2271-2656
3DS Friend Code
Posts: 2537
Joined: Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:08 pm
Contact:

Re: Guide: How to Get Pokemon to X/Y Using the "R4" Method

Postby FlameSpeedster » Mon May 26, 2014 5:17 pm



Argenis25 wrote:

So a normal R4 won't work with my 3DS? I only have 2 3DS. 



Most newer flashcarts support the 3DS. Most people have the older ones that support only DS and DSi.
Leader of the Community Moderators
Image
Thanks to SgtGuava for the signature!

User avatar
NamiGideon
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:07 pm

Re: Guide: How to Get Pokemon to X/Y Using the "R4" Method

Postby NamiGideon » Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:10 pm

Ok.. someone plz help me out here... I have two 3DS. One legit Pokemon Black 2 and Pokemon X and Y and an active bank account.


So in order for this guide to work, I need one of the 3DS to be have homebrew firmware so it can recognize the R4 flash cart with a Black or White ROM and save in it? Or does it work without homebrew/jailbreak firmware?


Also, anyone here knows how to use the NDS Adaptor? I was planning on getting it, instead of jailbreaking any of the 3DS.


None of those hardware are cheap, so I would like to know which is the best option before I go dump my money on ebay ):
FRIEND CODE: 0748-3075-1398

User avatar
Grim_Reaper300
Posts: 520
Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2014 3:11 pm
Contact:

Re: Guide: How to Get Pokemon to X/Y Using the "R4" Method

Postby Grim_Reaper300 » Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:51 pm

NamiGideon wrote:
Ok.. someone plz help me out here... I have two 3DS. One legit Pokemon Black 2 and Pokemon X and Y and an active bank account.


So in order for this guide to work, I need one of the 3DS to be have homebrew firmware so it can recognize the R4 flash cart with a Black or White ROM and save in it? Or does it work without homebrew/jailbreak firmware?


Also, anyone here knows how to use the NDS Adaptor? I was planning on getting it, instead of jailbreaking any of the 3DS.


None of those hardware are cheap, so I would like to know which is the best option before I go dump my money on ebay ):
The R4 has never been recognized by anything that needs linking, even though its registered as Black or White Im not sure if it has the ability to get the save file, your best bet for now is the NDS Adaptor, you just have to put the original Black 2 in it and then you can finally track down and edit your .sav file!
XVI0LzQ.png?1The Raging Sands have arrived!

User avatar
Oni
Posts: 16
Joined: Sat Jun 07, 2014 8:47 pm

Re: Guide: How to Get Pokemon to X/Y Using the "R4" Method

Postby Oni » Mon Jun 09, 2014 12:55 pm

I thought networking wouldn't work on flashcart games, guess I was wrong. Unfortunately, my flashcart is completely shot. Not to stray off topic, but what flashcarts would you guys recommend? I had a Supercard DSTWO. I've heard there are 3DS flashcarts now.
FC is 4742-6974-7109, Pokemon Y

User avatar
pokechrizx7
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu May 01, 2014 10:47 am

Re: Guide: How to Get Pokemon to X/Y Using the "R4" Method

Postby pokechrizx7 » Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:00 pm

Hi can some one please tell me how to inject pkm files into a Pokemon rom game with pokegen? That would help me alot.


Return to “Pokemon X & Y”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests