how to decrypt bin files?

Archives of requests.
KhwajaKhan
IGN: KhwajaKhan
0877-3354-2400
3DS Friend Code

Re: how to decrypt bin files?

Postby KhwajaKhan » Mon Mar 23, 2015 3:16 pm

Do you guys know if something is in the works for editing saves this way? 

I haven't really looked much into the japanese way of editing mons, but I think I saw a video on it last month. That's how they do it, no? They hook up the cartridge to a dongle, than extract and edit the save file.

Odaxis
IGN: Odaxis
5387-1183-7266
3DS Friend Code

Postby Odaxis » Mon Mar 23, 2015 3:32 pm

KhwajaKhan wrote:Do you guys know if something is in the works for editing saves this way? 

I haven't really looked much into the japanese way of editing mons, but I think I saw a video on it last month. That's how they do it, no? They hook up the cartridge to a dongle, than extract and edit the save file.

The hook up their Japanese game card (required to be japanese) to a Japanese dongle (Cybergadget). They then Extract the save file, modify it in PKHeX and then import the save file back into their Japanese game card to play on their Japanese 3DS system.

The kit to do all this will run you a few hundred bucks as you're required to purchase a Japanese 3DS, Japanese copy of X-Y-OR-AS and the Cyber Gadget dongle.
Join us on Discord - https://discord.gg/0dtdHHaqREvrHycl
Learn the basics of PKHeX - http://www.pokedit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=133&t=15264

Ron
Community Manager
IGN: RonWaffles
2251-5199-5928
3DS Friend Code

Postby Ron » Mon Mar 23, 2015 4:01 pm

Odaxis wrote:The kit to do all this will run you a few hundred bucks as you're required to purchase a Japanese 3DS, Japanese copy of X-Y-OR-AS and the Cyber Gadget dongle.

We've mentioned making kits like this available here in the store. Anyone interested in that?

KhwajaKhan
0877-3354-2400
3DS Friend Code

Postby KhwajaKhan » Mon Mar 23, 2015 4:02 pm

okay, thought so.

Idk bout you, but I'm not down to dish out that much money for something I will stop using in a couple of months. Hopefully someone who buys a new 3DS and knows coding here in NA will bestow us the gift of editing thru backup files lol

In concept it seems easy, but many coders don't have a reason to do it. I'm sure it wasn't difficult for datel to do it, but since they get paid, they had a reason to do it. Hell if someone made a dongle that could edit savefiles here in NA, I would pay for it as long as it's reasonable of course. Just not down to waste all that money on a new japanese 3ds and ORAS that I would only use for a little.

rehan100

Postby rehan100 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:21 pm

KhwajaKhan wrote:okay, thought so.

Idk bout you, but I'm not down to dish out that much money for something I will stop using in a couple of months. Hopefully someone who buys a new 3DS and knows coding here in NA will bestow us the gift of editing thru backup files lol

In concept it seems easy, but many coders don't have a reason to do it. I'm sure it wasn't difficult for datel to do it, but since they get paid, they had a reason to do it. Hell if someone made a dongle that could edit savefiles here in NA, I would pay for it as long as it's reasonable of course. Just not down to waste all that money on a new japanese 3ds and ORAS that I would only use for a little.

Gateway was made by NA people I think.
Gateway which only runs on 3DS V9.2 and below can do Region-Free, Inject Pokemon,Free DLC and basically anything you want on a 3DS for free.
CyberSaves is basically just a Powersaves for Japan but more advanced.
Both of them would cost around 80USD$ seperately plus a 3DS with correct Firmware and Region but I would say that is pretty good.(?)

KhwajaKhan
0877-3354-2400
3DS Friend Code

Postby KhwajaKhan » Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:30 pm

I know you can do it with gateway but people with new firmware can't do anything. That's why we're all making requests :D It would be nice if we could edit pokemon regardless of current and future firmware. I believe editing backup files would let you edit saves regardless of firmware because you do it through the game card and not via the console.

$80 for a japanese 3ds, oras + cybersave? w0t? 

rehan100

Postby rehan100 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:33 pm

80$ for Gateway or Cybersaves.

FlameSpeedster
IGN: Kyle
0834-2271-2656
3DS Friend Code

Postby FlameSpeedster » Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:34 pm

rehan100 wrote:
KhwajaKhan wrote:okay, thought so.

Gateway was made by NA people I think.
Gateway which only runs on 3DS V9.2 and below can edit save files, Region-Free, Inject Pokemon,Free DLC and basically anything you want on a 3DS for free.
CyberSaves is basically just a Powersaves for Japan but more advanced.
Both of them would cost around 80USD$ plus a 3DS with correct Firmware and Region but I would say that is pretty good.(?)
That seems a little too cheap.
Leader of the Community Moderators
Thanks to SgtGuava for the signature!

KhwajaKhan
0877-3354-2400
3DS Friend Code

Postby KhwajaKhan » Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:38 pm

rehan100 wrote:80$ for Gateway or Cybersaves.

Seen. Again though, it doesn't help that all of us making requests are on the new firmware or else I would have gone with that option. I was actually going to wait to buy a gateway but they said they don't have support for the new 3ds consoles, and won't be supporting them for a while. 

Miltank244
IGN: Saturnz
3179-6340-3390
3DS Friend Code

Postby Miltank244 » Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:23 am

I'd buy a cybersave but I don't need one yet :\ But I probably will so I think having that in the store would be useful

Return to “Laboratory Archive”