forgot pass?
Keep me Logged In
Hide Session

Pokemon Bank Legality Talk

Talk about the PokEdit File Editor.
User avatar
Gamegrumps
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Feb 08, 2014 11:44 pm

Re: Pokemon Bank Legality Talk

Postby Gamegrumps » Sat Feb 08, 2014 11:52 pm

From what I can tell, the legality of the Pokemon depends strictly on the movesets, abilites, stats, etc.. Pokebank does not look for shininess, (As I transferred a shiny Kyurem which is shiny-locked in the gen 5 games) nor does it check for anything the other games didn't.

So, strictly speaking, all default Pokemon on Pokedit can be transferred.

User avatar
HolyLyonesse
Posts: 123
Joined: Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:03 am

Re: Pokemon Bank Legality Talk

Postby HolyLyonesse » Sat Feb 08, 2014 11:55 pm



Gamegrumps wrote:

From what I can tell, the legality of the Pokemon depends strictly on the movesets, abilites, stats, etc.. Pokebank does not look for shininess, (As I transferred a shiny Kyurem which is shiny-locked in the gen 5 games) nor does it check for anything the other games didn't.

So, strictly speaking, all default Pokemon on Pokedit can be transferred.





From my several transfer of Pokemon including legendaries, I have to say that unfortunately this is not the case. I have tested several Pokemon through the default database here in Pokedit and encountered several ones that do not pass through Poke Transporter.


Also, there are Pokemon that cannot be Shiny. Examples of these are Reshiram, Zekrom, Victini and Celebi.
Hikari's Trainer Card

User avatar
HolyLyonesse
Posts: 123
Joined: Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:03 am

Re: Pokemon Bank Legality Talk

Postby HolyLyonesse » Sun Feb 09, 2014 12:04 am



TheCliffStudios wrote:

i am trying to get a raichu though any ideas why?


Basic Info




















NickName:

Raichu

Level:

34

Shine:

Shiny

Gender:

Female

Held Item:

(None)

Ability:

Static

Pokerus:

Infected

Markings:

(None)










Move 1:

Volt Tackle

Move 2:

Quick Attack

Move 3:

Thunder

Move 4:

Hyper Beam
















Nature:

Calm (+SpD/-Atk)

HP:

0

Attack:

6

Defense:

0

Speed:

252

Special Attack:

252

Special Defense:

0














HP:

31

Attack:

31

Defense:

31

Speed:

31

Special Attack:

31

Special Defense:

31


Contest Stats
















Cool:

0

Beauty:

0

Cute:

0

Smart:

0

Tough:

0

Sheen:

0


















Obtained:

Caught in Wild

Level Met:

5

Egg Obtained:

N/A

Date Met:

2014-01-01

Location Met:

Faraway Place (G4)

Fateful Encounter:

Not Fateful Encounter

Origin Game:

Pokemon

Poke Ball:

Heal Ball


Original Trainer










O.T. Name:

Ash

O.T. Gender:

Male

O.T. ID:

1336







Try changing the Memo part into:


Game of Origin: Platinum

Caught in the wild at level 18 at (Poketransfer)


Remove Volt Tackle and replace with another move like Thunderbolt. You can only get that move through breeding Pikachu/Raichu with either parents holding a Light Ball (Gen VI) or acquired through special means like Events, Pokewalker, etc.


More info here about Volt Tackle:


http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Volt_Tackle_(move)
Hikari's Trainer Card

User avatar
HolyLyonesse
Posts: 123
Joined: Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:03 am

Re: Pokemon Bank Legality Talk

Postby HolyLyonesse » Sun Feb 09, 2014 12:19 am



sorax207 wrote:

I don't know if the memo should help it be legit. Most of the time i try to send something the memo messes it up it's set as an egg but i don't how to make it legit.






Here are some tips to help people with transferring using PokeTransporter:

  • If you are changing the Pokeball, the Pokemon you are transferring cannot be from an Egg. Since in Gen VI females now pass on their Pokeballs, the only legit ones are Caught in the Wild and must be met at their corresponding levels. What I did was check where they can be obtained and at what level, then set them with those data. For instance, if I want a Clefable, I set the data into the following: Caught in the Wild, Met at Level 52, Met at Giant Chasm.


  • Hidden Abilities are tricky as they are hard to obtain under normal conditions. Unless these are met, all the Pokemon who has them will be considered illegal.


  • Always check that the moves you want correspond to the level of your Pokemon. Certain moves are taught through TM are OK but those which are learned through leveling up must match with the Pokemon's level. Pokemon with HM moves will not be transferred.

Hikari's Trainer Card

User avatar
youkai2014
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:14 pm

Re: Pokemon Bank Legality Talk

Postby youkai2014 » Sun Feb 09, 2014 12:24 am



HolyLyonesse wrote:



youkai2014 wrote:




Darkrai - only legit for a Trainer who's journey started before September 13, 2009 - last date when the Event Item Member Card was obtainable (North America/PAL). Can also be obtained under the site's Event PKMN Database (please check the compatible games).


I tried this but I till couldnt get him to transfer... >.< I really want one to.





For me, what I did was used the following settings (used White 2):


Game of Origin: Platinum

Trainer data: Adventure started: 07/08/2009

Info: Caught in the wild at level 50 through (Poketransfer), Date Met 08/05/2009, Not a fateful encounter, Any pokeball except Cherish Ball, level 100, Shiny or Non-shiny OK, Ability is Bad Dreams.


Please inform us of the specs you've used for us to check what could be wrong. Thanks :D




This worked Perfectly thank you So much. I was using a different game(pearl) met at level 40 and the region was Sinnoh. this worked perfectly. I will have to give ditto another try using what you have posted here. 

User avatar
HolyLyonesse
Posts: 123
Joined: Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:03 am

Re: Pokemon Bank Legality Talk

Postby HolyLyonesse » Sun Feb 09, 2014 12:43 am



youkai2014 wrote:



HolyLyonesse wrote:



youkai2014 wrote:




Darkrai - only legit for a Trainer who's journey started before September 13, 2009 - last date when the Event Item Member Card was obtainable (North America/PAL). Can also be obtained under the site's Event PKMN Database (please check the compatible games).


I tried this but I till couldnt get him to transfer... >.< I really want one to.





For me, what I did was used the following settings (used White 2):


Game of Origin: Platinum

Trainer data: Adventure started: 07/08/2009

Info: Caught in the wild at level 50 through (Poketransfer), Date Met 08/05/2009, Not a fateful encounter, Any pokeball except Cherish Ball, level 100, Shiny or Non-shiny OK, Ability is Bad Dreams.


Please inform us of the specs you've used for us to check what could be wrong. Thanks :D



This worked Perfectly thank you So much. I was using a different game(pearl) met at level 40 and the region was Sinnoh. this worked perfectly. I will have to give ditto another try using what you have posted here. 






Strangely, the ones from Pokemon Pearl/Diamond won't get accepted. I guess the Platinum one got bypassed :D
Hikari's Trainer Card

User avatar
Bailey
Posts: 10
Joined: Sun Sep 29, 2013 2:24 am

Re: Pokemon Bank Legality Talk

Postby Bailey » Sun Feb 09, 2014 3:08 am

I tried making a shiny Ditto.

So far putting the settings so that every breedable Pokémon just freshly hatched worked, but not with Ditto. After trying to put the settings so that it looks like I caught it, it fails that too.. Ditto only has one move and the stats are correct as well for his level. I'm stuck!

I need Ditto to complete Kanto. So, anyone else succeeded in getting a legit Ditto?

User avatar
Ilitsa
Moderator / News Crew
IGN: Ilitsa
2723-8847-4990
3DS Friend Code
Posts: 706
Joined: Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:19 pm
Contact:

Re: Pokemon Bank Legality Talk

Postby Ilitsa » Sun Feb 09, 2014 3:14 am



youkai2014 wrote:



HolyLyonesse wrote:



youkai2014 wrote:




Darkrai - only legit for a Trainer who's journey started before September 13, 2009 - last date when the Event Item Member Card was obtainable (North America/PAL). Can also be obtained under the site's Event PKMN Database (please check the compatible games).


I tried this but I till couldnt get him to transfer... >.< I really want one to.





For me, what I did was used the following settings (used White 2):


Game of Origin: Platinum

Trainer data: Adventure started: 07/08/2009

Info: Caught in the wild at level 50 through (Poketransfer), Date Met 08/05/2009, Not a fateful encounter, Any pokeball except Cherish Ball, level 100, Shiny or Non-shiny OK, Ability is Bad Dreams.


Please inform us of the specs you've used for us to check what could be wrong. Thanks :D



This worked Perfectly thank you So much. I was using a different game(pearl) met at level 40 and the region was Sinnoh. this worked perfectly. I will have to give ditto another try using what you have posted here. 




Volt Tackle can only be a bred move as far as I know, so having one caught in the wild with it is impossible, hence it would be denied. You would need to make it's Memo to be hatched for it to be legit with Volt Tackle

User avatar
HolyLyonesse
Posts: 123
Joined: Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:03 am

Re: Pokemon Bank Legality Talk

Postby HolyLyonesse » Sun Feb 09, 2014 3:17 am



Bailey wrote:

I tried making a shiny Ditto.

So far putting the settings so that every breedable Pokémon just freshly hatched worked, but not with Ditto. After trying to put the settings so that it looks like I caught it, it fails that too.. Ditto only has one move and the stats are correct as well for his level. I'm stuck!

I need Ditto to complete Kanto. So, anyone else succeeded in getting a legit Ditto?






If you are transferring to White/Black/White 2/Black 2 for PokeTransporter ---> PokeBank:

After trying out things, I was able to transfer a perfect IV shiny Ditto!!!! :D

Game Used: White 2
Game of Origin: White/Black
Pokeball: Any except Cherish Ball

Settings:
- Caught in the wild (Dittos can't come from Eggs) at Level 53-55, 63-65 at Giant Chas or Giant Chasm (2)
- Move slot should only be Transform
- Ability should only be Limber
Hikari's Trainer Card

User avatar
Bailey
Posts: 10
Joined: Sun Sep 29, 2013 2:24 am

Re: Pokemon Bank Legality Talk

Postby Bailey » Sun Feb 09, 2014 3:29 am



HolyLyonesse wrote:



Bailey wrote:

I tried making a shiny Ditto.

So far putting the settings so that every breedable Pokémon just freshly hatched worked, but not with Ditto. After trying to put the settings so that it looks like I caught it, it fails that too.. Ditto only has one move and the stats are correct as well for his level. I'm stuck!

I need Ditto to complete Kanto. So, anyone else succeeded in getting a legit Ditto?





If you are transferring to White/Black/White 2/Black 2 for PokeTransporter ---> PokeBank:

After trying out things, I was able to transfer a perfect IV shiny Ditto!!!! :D

Game Used: White 2
Game of Origin: White/Black
Pokeball: Any except Cherish Ball

Settings:
- Caught in the wild (Dittos can't come from Eggs) at Level 53-55, 63-65 at Giant Chas or Giant Chasm (2)
- Move slot should only be Transform
- Ability should only be Limber






Somewhere it goes horribly wrong then. Those are exactly the settings I use for the "wild" Ditto.

Ditto hates me =.=


Return to “PokEdit Online”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest