forgot pass?
Keep me Logged In
Hide Session

Hi Everyone! :3 (Returning user)

Introduce yourself to the PokEdit community.
Eridanos

Hi Everyone! :3 (Returning user)

Postby Eridanos » Sat Oct 08, 2016 12:57 pm

Hi, everyone!

I joined a long time ago and used the site's features to download pokemons into my games, which was really awesome since it saved you all the hassle of breeding and training and soft-resetting.  I mean, all the mechanics that were introduced made the games more interesting, but at the same time made players work more.  It was also very cool that you could use the site to get an event that you missed due to circumstances or because you joined later into the pokemon craze.

Though I left mainly because with the jump to X/Y you now needed a 3DS and by that time I couldn't afford one (and my brother moved and the only DS system was his...)

By some twist of destiny the pokemon bug has bitten me once again, so I came to the site and was overwhelmed by all the changes that had happened:
  • I love the new site goddammit.
  • Knowing that Nintendo pulled the plug off the GTS was a real bummer. (Seriously Ninty, WTF?!)
  • I'm glad you guys find ways to circumvent the new obstacles. Kudos and all my love to you.
  • I'm sad that I cannot use the site for my DPPt/BW/B2W2 games anymore, but I'm filled with hope regarding the advances for 3DS versions (And I can afford a used 3DS now, lol)
Been searching the forums and the web and the amount of info to absorb is overwhelming, I have many doubts regarding coming back to pokemon editing but so far I've learned this few ponters (please correct me if I'm wrong):
  1. Pokemon injection to X/Y onwards is possible, ProjectPokemon has this thingy PokeHex (or something) to create the files. (Need to start researching on this one, seems complicated)
  2. You guys are working on Pokedit Neko, a new editor.  Meanwhile, you developed an injector via QR.
  3. In order to use Pokemon QR you need a 3DS/2DS with a specific range of firmware, and it is possible to upgrade and downgrade a system.  Cake has a video on it.
  4. In order to do as above (and prevent the system from updating) you need to 'homebrew'. Cake also has guides.
Aaaaand guess that's it regarding to what I've learned so far...I'll start saving for an used 3DS (luckily I can check the firmware while testing it prior to buying) and an used X/Y-ORAS game, then I will be lurking around here hunting down the Know-Hows and annoy you with questions regarding the finest details of pokemon editing.

Finally, (because holy-wall-of-text-Batman!) I just want to thank all the members of Pokedit: the developers who made this amazing stuff and all the community that give them their feedback and help each other.  It is thanks to people like you that players still play the physical pokemon games instead of just battling in Smogon's emulators.

(More) Love,

Eridanos

phantom911
Head Moderator
4785-5938-1345
3DS Friend Code

Re: Hi Everyone! :3 (Returning user)

Postby phantom911 » Mon Oct 10, 2016 11:06 am

Welcome back.
Now, let me explain some confusion.
Pokegen's equalivant for gen 6 is called PKHeX. Frequently updated, seemingly all the time. It has a built in Legality Checker because Pokecheck went down.
The injection method requires Homebrew installed. Homebrew is third party softwhere that takes advantage of exploits to run its program. Ninty does not like this since this is a step in gaining complete control of the system (in other words, piracy). Homebrew by itself does not actually condone piracy, so its OK to use for our purpose. But keep in mind that exploits will be patched for this reason.
Your firmware can be checked by going to the settings. It'll look something like 11-1-33U
The U means what region your system is from, and the numbers is what you will want to know. On the latest firmware, getting homebrew can be pricy. (Exploits that are found tends to drive up prices as Ninty will stop the sell of new items that are exploitable). 
You can check http://3dbrew.org/wiki/Homebrew_Exploits for exploits. Primary exploits are usually unstable, but can be runned by adding a few files to the root of your SD card. Secondary Exploits cannot be runned unless its installed from a primary exploit, but it rarely crashes once installed. This pretty much forces a person to pick a Primary exploit to install a secondary exploit. Once this is done, everything is convenient. 
Just one problem in your case, there is no cheap/free exploitable games. Unless your willing to spend some money, patience will be a virtue. 
The homebrew Application your looking for is here https://github.com/meladroit/svdt/ 
PKHeX can be found in a few spots, with the most update found on our discord. https://discordapp.com/channels/115203974163988485/193600054743793664
PKHeX can be found in other spots on the internet, but I personally find that our staff here makes life a lot easier regarding its download. 
For now, that's all I can help you with. If you can get an exploited game in your hands, I'll gladly help. 

Nekomon is actually Pokedit's successor, not really an editor at this point of time. I would still register for it just to see what the new changes that are planned.

I would advise against downgrading, its possible, but the risks I would not feel are worth the benefits. The QR exploit is extremely convenient, but to actually use the game on wifi would require an update (no homebrew at that firmware to bypass that iirc), which defeats the purpose. So, unless you have other reasons to downgrade, I'd advise against it as you are new and are entering basicly a new world of pokemon hacking.

Eridanos

Postby Eridanos » Mon Oct 10, 2016 12:43 pm

Hi and thank you for the advice Phantom! <3

Yeah, this weekend I was investigating more regarding homebrew and what not.  Pretty overwhelming for someone who isn't tech-savy. But for what I've managed to understand, PkHex also uses Homebrew in order to access the .sav and for putting it back. (Which sucks)

I also watched some of Cake's videos in his channel (dude is kinda cute in a nerdy way...) and I guess that regarding the QR injection homebrew isn't necesary as long as I have the correct firmware. Though injecting the pokemon one at a time, even if it's only final evolutions and legendaries would be quite time consuming. As far as I understood, homebrew is required to downgrade to the adequate firmware range in order to use the injection method, dunno if the injection method itself needs the system to also have homebrew.

And you're right regarding the risks of downgrading...dunno really what to do since Pokemon is the game that makes me wanna get a damn 3DS but again, that would mean shutting off from Wifi features.  I guess I could try to find out a used 3DS with the correct firmware and never update it (or save more and buy one from Pokedit) for hacking pokemon exclusively.  And then buy another one for actually playing and doing stuff.

phantom911
Head Moderator
4785-5938-1345
3DS Friend Code

Postby phantom911 » Tue Oct 11, 2016 11:48 am

Homebrew takes all of 10 mins to install on your system with no real risk (aside from soft-reseting). Once you get your hands on a game that is exploited, I would find a video on youtube that's step-by-step for that specific game. It feels overwhelming, but its not that compicated. Just know that once you get homebrew, NEVER EVER update your system.
There are methods on avoiding updates, but you need homebrew. 

Atire

Postby Atire » Mon Oct 24, 2016 5:04 pm

Welcome back, and I learned a lot. I tried using homebrew but couldn't install it on 11.1.0-34u because I didn't have the proper game carts D:

RIC

Postby RIC » Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:56 am

Where r u from? maybe i can sell u my ORAS cause i have 2 hahha
FC: 3582-8778-8365 IGN:RIC

Eridanos

Postby Eridanos » Thu Oct 27, 2016 5:56 pm

RIC wrote:Where r u from? maybe i can sell u my ORAS cause i have 2 hahha

LOL

I'm from Mexico, but don't worry... I'm sure I can get used XY/ORAS games.

And I better start scavenging for that CubicNinja game :P

(Though if this 'Hyper Training' for Sun/Moon is what it claims to be, then the hassle of perfect Hidden Power IV pokemon will be a thing of the past)

Actually I wonder how it will affect the PID of pokemons (since you need to have a PID that matches the IV's and nature and whatnot with stuff like PkHex...) I used some AR codes to change Natures and IV's back in WB/W2B2, maybe those pokes can be still considered legal by the Pokebank and Sun and Moon...who knows?

Return to “Introductions”