I joined a long time ago and used the site's features to download pokemons into my games, which was really awesome since it saved you all the hassle of breeding and training and soft-resetting. I mean, all the mechanics that were introduced made the games more interesting, but at the same time made players work more. It was also very cool that you could use the site to get an event that you missed due to circumstances or because you joined later into the pokemon craze.
Though I left mainly because with the jump to X/Y you now needed a 3DS and by that time I couldn't afford one (and my brother moved and the only DS system was his...)
By some twist of destiny the pokemon bug has bitten me once again, so I came to the site and was overwhelmed by all the changes that had happened:
- I love the new site goddammit.
- Knowing that Nintendo pulled the plug off the GTS was a real bummer. (Seriously Ninty, WTF?!)
- I'm glad you guys find ways to circumvent the new obstacles. Kudos and all my love to you.
- I'm sad that I cannot use the site for my DPPt/BW/B2W2 games anymore, but I'm filled with hope regarding the advances for 3DS versions (And I can afford a used 3DS now, lol)
- Pokemon injection to X/Y onwards is possible, ProjectPokemon has this thingy PokeHex (or something) to create the files. (Need to start researching on this one, seems complicated)
- You guys are working on Pokedit Neko, a new editor. Meanwhile, you developed an injector via QR.
- In order to use Pokemon QR you need a 3DS/2DS with a specific range of firmware, and it is possible to upgrade and downgrade a system. Cake has a video on it.
- In order to do as above (and prevent the system from updating) you need to 'homebrew'. Cake also has guides.
Finally, (because holy-wall-of-text-Batman!) I just want to thank all the members of Pokedit: the developers who made this amazing stuff and all the community that give them their feedback and help each other. It is thanks to people like you that players still play the physical pokemon games instead of just battling in Smogon's emulators.