forgot pass?
Keep me Logged In
Hide Session

Changes coming to PokEdit ~!!!~

PokEdit etiquette, Message Board Rules, FAQs, and other important information.
Cake
Overlord
IGN: Cake
4742-9064-4641
3DS Friend Code

Changes coming to PokEdit ~!!!~

Postby Cake » Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:57 am

There are some big changes come to PokEdit as the times have changed. The biggest change is that the PokEdit online editor is going to be retired. For a full description on why some of these changes are happening see the end of this post.

Changes coming soon:

1) PokEdit Online Editor being retired (that just means pokedit.com/).
PokEdit.com is NOT going away!

2) Forum system changing from PHPbb to IPS (password resets will be required)

3) Nekomon App functionality is going to be redirected.

4) News Section coming back.

5) I will be going back to making videos and streaming.

There is a lot more, but those are the biggest changes coming.

Longer version if anyone is interested:

I've always had a problem with delays. I always put too many projects on my plate and then I never end up finishing much. I'm only one person and I can't do everything. Because programing is so time consuming I'm going to try and cut back on that. I've enjoyed my time for the past many years working on the PokEdit editor. It's had it's high's for sure; especially when the GTS service still worked on 4th and 5th Gen games. But those days are no more and those games are less popular. I tried to keep up by making a 6th Gen Editor, Nekomon, and had plays to parlay that into the site and add 7th Gen. But I just can't keep up with it. So That's why I'm going to retire the editor and the editing features of Nekomon.

There are really great Pokemon editing tools out there. Thing like PKHeX, Rhydon Save Editor, PKSM, and so on. They are better than anything I could have created on my own. So my focus is going to be on helping people use those great tools by providing a community of support, guides, videos, and more right here on PokEdit. That's part of why I'm bring the News section back also.

There are many reasons for the forum changes. Better features, no coding required, more secure, and so on. In addition to changing forums, to keep my editor compatible would require an extensive amount of programming which I'm trying to avoid.

Anyway, here's the gist: I'm making cuts/changes here and there. I'm working more than ever but I don't think that's obvious to the normal observer. With these changes I can focus, laser like, on the most import aspects of PokEdit and Cake and churn out quality content regularly.

~Cake

thedude

Re: Changes coming to PokEdit ~!!!~

Postby thedude » Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:29 pm

Hello Mr. Cake,

So I just read this post and I wanted to ask if the store will still remain in place? Also will you still be doing the send in service for people who want their retail games and systems modded by you? Will you still sell modded and unlocked systems and games, etc.? Also I bought the last Yellow Pikachu Edition New 3DS XL system from your store on August 2, 2017, and I asked you to provide me with a complimentary copy of the Nekomon app for android (instead of the offered one for iOS) when it was released since I had also just purchased the Nekomon app for iOS. You said you would do that, but now it seems that the Nekomon app is going to be abandoned. Is there something (like store credit, etc.) that you might be able to grant me in lieu of the Nekomon app that it looks like I will never get to use (I never got to use the Nekomon app for iOS either as it apparently only works for certain systems).

Thanks in advance!

Cake
Overlord
4742-9064-4641
3DS Friend Code

Postby Cake » Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:23 am

thedude wrote:Hello Mr. Cake,

So I just read this post and I wanted to ask if the store will still remain in place? Also will you still be doing the send in service for people who want their retail games and systems modded by you? Will you still sell modded and unlocked systems and games, etc.? Also I bought the last Yellow Pikachu Edition New 3DS XL system from your store on August 2, 2017, and I asked you to provide me with a complimentary copy of the Nekomon app for android (instead of the offered one for iOS) when it was released since I had also just purchased the Nekomon app for iOS. You said you would do that, but now it seems that the Nekomon app is going to be abandoned. Is there something (like store credit, etc.) that you might be able to grant me in lieu of the Nekomon app that it looks like I will never get to use (I never got to use the Nekomon app for iOS either as it apparently only works for certain systems).

Thanks in advance!

Yes, the store and all the items for sale and services are going to remain. I'm going to be adding even more new items to the store actually. And I'm going to make up for the lack of the /Editor by adding new sections to the site.

Ya, I could give you some credit to make up for the Nekomon things. I didn't want to "abandon" it, but it's so hard to keep up with new games and all the programming required when it's just one person (me) and with all the other stuff I"m trying to do.

thedude

Postby thedude » Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:31 am

Cake wrote:

Thanks in advance!

Yes, the store and all the items for sale and services are going to remain. I'm going to be adding even more new items to the store actually. And I'm going to make up for the lack of the /Editor by adding new sections to the site.

Ya, I could give you some credit to make up for the Nekomon things. I didn't want to "abandon" it, but it's so hard to keep up with new games and all the programming required when it's just one person (me) and with all the other stuff I"m trying to do.

I understand sir and I appreciate you being able to answer my post and thank you for all the work you have done.

Cheers.

Heartscythe

Postby Heartscythe » Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:17 pm

Cake wrote:

Thanks in advance!

Would this mean you will be selling Unlocked Ultra Sun and Unlocked Ultra Moon eventually?

Cake
Overlord
4742-9064-4641
3DS Friend Code

Postby Cake » Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:21 pm

Heartscythe wrote:
Cake wrote:

Would this mean you will be selling Unlocked Ultra Sun and Unlocked Ultra Moon eventually?

Yes, I will be trying to have Unlocked Ultra Sun and Moon available this week in the store.

Return to “Essentials”