forgot pass?
Keep me Logged In
Hide Session

Help! Gen 4 Key Item Mystery Gift distribution hacking

PokEdit etiquette, Message Board Rules, FAQs, and other important information.
Mudkip97

Help! Gen 4 Key Item Mystery Gift distribution hacking

Postby Mudkip97 » Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:08 am

So I was planning on buying an R4 Gold Cartridge in hopes of being able to use distribution cartridges and send Events onto my legit copies of Pokemon. I was planning on sending into my legit copy of Platinum game the Member Card and Oak's Letter and in HG/SS the Enigma Stone, Shiny Pichu and Arceus.

However I don't know how to and what things I need to or download to do so. Could anyone help me?

Ralloen
IGN: Ralloen
3969-7796-6811
3DS Friend Code

Re: Help! Gen 4 Key Item Mystery Gift distribution hacking

Postby Ralloen » Fri Aug 04, 2017 3:41 pm

Well with injecting the Key Items, you can just use software like PokeGen (This is better for the 4th gen stuff I've found at times) and inject the wondercards from events into the game. If they've been successful, the event will successfully trigger. By exporting my Platinum save file using Homebrew on the 2DS, I was able to use PokeGen to inject the events. As it stands, I was able to get every Platinum event mythical pokemon except Arceus (because the Azure Flute was never released)

Mudkip97

Postby Mudkip97 » Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:51 pm

So how do I do that?

Also is it gonna directly do anything to my original copies. Is it possible to send over a mystery gift onto a real cartridge from a second DS/3DS that contains an R4?

Ralloen
3969-7796-6811
3DS Friend Code

Postby Ralloen » Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:42 pm

To extract the save file you'd need homebrew on a 11.3 or lower firmware 3DS or 2DS, and on that you'd need the TWL save file extractor. That will allow you to export your save file onto your SD card. Then you'd simply put your SD card into a computer either via a slot if it has it, or an SD card reader, and then open up the chosen editing software, such as PokeGen.

Then after the edits are made you'd save the file, replacing the old one with an edited save. Then, you would import the save file back and continue playing the game. That would only actually effect the save itself, nothing would actually happen to the game cartridge itself.

The two zips below, the Pokegen one just has the software for it, thats compatible with all of Gen 4 and Gen 5.
The TWL Save Tool, that one has the necessary software needed for homebrew
Attachments
TWLSaveTool.zip
(116.39 KiB) Downloaded 287 times
Pokegen software.zip
(788.7 KiB) Downloaded 299 times

Mudkip97

Postby Mudkip97 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:06 am

Thanks.

So you're saying their's no way of damaging the save file, game or cartridge by doing so?

Do I need to buy or using anything else to be able to do this?

Ralloen
3969-7796-6811
3DS Friend Code

Postby Ralloen » Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:45 am

You don't need to buy anything, no. Only other stuff you could need would be PKHEX but that's only if you don't want to use PokeGen.

But, yeah it won't damage the game, cartridge or save file.

Return to “Essentials”