forgot pass?
Keep me Logged In
Hide Session

I have An Idea That Could Keep Pokedit Alive

Let us know what you like about the site or don't like. What would you like to see PokEdit become?
LostGnosticOccultum

I have An Idea That Could Keep Pokedit Alive

Postby LostGnosticOccultum » Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:17 pm

So we all know Nintendo is canceling online service for DS games which would effectively shut down pokedit. I have this idea that could possibly save pokedit. The idea is an app or editor reprogram that would essentially circumvent the necessity for Nintendo's online service completely. The way I propose this to work is by programing an app/editor to run on one's local network and connect to the individual's (3)DS(I) and send Pokémon to the game with the GTS but without the necessity of the internet or the Nintendo server at all.
I'm not sure if it's possible as I am not that tech savvy however it seems to me that I could work. As I said it is just a thought and I figured I'd get the idea out there for those who are tech savvy to try. Namaste
Pokémon X/Y FC: 2552-1550-6141
In Game Name: Ace
Please PM me your FCs :)

Nooga
Head Moderator
IGN: Nic
1177-6927-8137
3DS Friend Code

Re: I have An Idea That Could Keep Pokedit Alive

Postby Nooga » Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:17 pm

Unfortunately that won't work, as pokedit has to communicate with nintendo's servers in order to even be possible
oX5T3cn.png

LostGnosticOccultum

Postby LostGnosticOccultum » Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:20 am

I'm not entirely sure why it would HAVE to connect to Nintendo's servers. I know that it is currently set up that way but that was my point it would require a software overhaul, reprogramming the editor to intercept the communication with the Nintendo server before it connects and basically redirecting it to another server or a false server that pokedit could send Pokémon to. As I said I'm not much of a techy, my tech era was windows xp and earlier lol

xplosion330

Postby xplosion330 » Fri Apr 25, 2014 4:30 pm

Because it needs to get the correct GTS server. If they CREATED their own gts.. it may be completely off and not work at all. So they just use their server to create and send the pokemon

LostGnosticOccultum

Postby LostGnosticOccultum » Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:26 am

And there again as you said "MAY not work" which means there is a possibility it would work lol but again this is just speculation/an idea that I was unsure if it would/could work and I wanted to get it out there for people who would know more about it than myself otherwise I'd try to program it myself lol

xplosion330

Postby xplosion330 » Sun Apr 27, 2014 7:42 pm

I talked to cake about it. He said it isnt possible to create another GTS.. :(

LostGnosticOccultum

Postby LostGnosticOccultum » Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:53 am

Ah that's too bad but oh well as I said I just had the idea and get it out there. Thanks for looking into it

Return to “Feedback”