Talk about the PokEdit File Editor.
Cake
Overlord
IGN: Cake
4742-9064-4641
3DS Friend Code

Pokemon Bank Legality Talk

Postby Cake » Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:24 pm

The point of this post is to try and find any core problems with PokEdit Pokemon relating to their entry into the Pokemon bank. We would like everyone to help contribute to this project as it benefit everyone (including yourself).

The best replies will be ones that actually figured out what was wrong with a Pokemon and made the proper corrections to it so it could enter the GTS. That will give us the best information for making the proper corrections to our editor. Even if you take the PokEdit Pokemon and make a few changes in another editor that information could be helpful.

Here are some important things to watch out for:

Moves vs Level

Pokemon learn moves at different level. So, if a Pokemon has moves that it wouldn't learn until a later level than the actual level of the Pokemon; it may cause a problem. The best thing you can do at this point would be to alway have the Pokemon level at the highest level move for that Pokemon (or higher).

EVs

EVs over the maximum threshold will not make it into Pokemon Bank.

This is a work in progress and we'll continue to update it as you guys help out.

headlesdriver

Re: Pokemon Bank Legality Talk

Postby headlesdriver » Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:44 pm

i used pokedit with every pokemon existing and only 2 1/2 boxes worth of pokemon were not allowed in pokemon transporter and when i tried redoing combee it wouldnt  let it pass until i gave up and tried the evolution at level 100 with legit moves like before it worked. but pokedit is the eerror gone now

:LostData

Postby :LostData » Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:04 pm

// Noob-Post:

I literally made an account to talk about this, XD

Well to my knowledge, after countless attempts of trials and efforts.

You can import pokemon from pokedit, to pokemon bank as long as their legal

This means, no edited Abilities, Items, or Ribbons, or Moves. Everything has to be legal in that area.

You can however modify the EV/IV's and it bypasses regularly with the pokemon.

But you cannot transfer legendaries, I had a hard time figuring this out because I really wanted a Meloetta in X/Y

So trying over and over for hours trying to get it right ended up a hard failure, untill, I checked the event pokemon.

Apparently, the pokemon bank severs don't allow any lengendary trades to my knowledge, I could be wrong.

But when I selected an event pokemon through pokedit, not customizing it, because at first I did -.-

It went through, and thats how I got my Meloetta.

Idk, if this is a post to talk about, I could just be second guessing myself, for the noobish blood reasons...

But yeah, I've also read, that Pokebank servers, don't allow Shiny Pokemon if not caught in the wild.

With that being said, the items are banned, so I'm not sure how some got a Girantina/Shaymin etc, in their other form, if theres a way to do it, I'll keep things posted, but this my knowledge so far... Hope I helped... o-o

Ronnyshaymin
IGN: Aaron
5026-4756-6488
3DS Friend Code

Postby Ronnyshaymin » Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:05 pm

The Pokemon are completely legit! All of mine have been transferred thanks to the iOS app. Pokedit, it works. And I don't understand why people say Kalos bred pokes are rare, it makes no sense. xD the app however needs a pokeball change function. As I try to create an event Arceus with the cherish ball, it's gets master ball instead. But yes, all Pokes of mine from pokedit have been successfully transferred.
My FC is 5026-4756-6488, IGN is AARON for both X and AS.

megarai1111

Postby megarai1111 » Sat Feb 08, 2014 2:07 am

So far, all Event Pokémon I've tried passed without problems. But you can't use those Pokémon in the GTS. I haven't tried sending a basic Keldeo from the editor yet, but I'm not sure if he will be able to pass. I sure hope so. I'll post another message here when I've tried it.

HolyLyonesse

Postby HolyLyonesse » Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:23 am

Legendary Pokemon Legalities

Hi everyone!

This post is with hope to help those people who might be having some problems/concerns about the legendary Pokemon here in Pokedit for PokeBank use. I primarily used White 2 as the means to get them (this can be done through GTS AFTER getting the first badge) so I am unsure how things are with other versions. But from my knowledge, the database for White/Black/White 2/Black 2 is the same - so using any of these games interchangeably should not pose a problem.

I do not claim that all info here is fool-proof but everyone is welcome to share their own thoughts about the information stated here. Thanks and happy playing! ^_^

Most of the time just resetting the information to default will help clear out any changes that you have made that could be causing the Pokemon to be banned from PokeBank.

Main Concerns:

Besides the usual guidelines about IVs, EVs, moves, abilities among others, there are other important points to consider

• The Cherish Ball is primarily for Event Pokemon and should not be used for catching legendaries "in the wild." Do NOT change to this Pokeball for any Pokemon. Likewise, do not change the Pokeball of any Event Pokemon as doing so will alter the Pokemon's data, making it untradable for Pokebank.

• There are some Pokemon that can only be obtained through Events - all other means will be considered untradable.

• There are some Pokemon that is somehow considered legit in spite of obvious alterations (examples are Ho-oh and Lugia who can be transferred even at level 5)

Legendary Pokemon List

Mew, Mewtwo, Entei, Raikou, Suicune, Celebi, Regigigas, Rayquaza, Deoxys, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Heatran, Shaymin, and Kyurem - No problem with the data. You can edit the Original Trainer details to fit your own preference. Can also be obtained under the site's Event PKMN Database (please check the compatible games).

Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, Ho-Oh, Lugia, Regice, Registeel, Regirock, Latios, Latias, Kyogre, Groudon, Uxie, Mesperit, Azelf, Cresselia, Manaphy, Cobalion, Terrakion, Virizion, Tornadus, Thundurus, and Landorus - No problem with the data. You can edit the Original Trainer details to fit your own preference.

Darkrai - Only caught in the wild at level 50 at (Poketransfer) for Platinum. Set location as (Poketransfer). Non-fateful encounter. Do not use Cherish Balls. Can also be obtained under the site's Event PKMN Database (please check the compatible games).

Phione - can only be obtained through breeding (therefore can't be "encountered in the wild").

Arceus - only legit ones are those given through Events. Even those caught through the Event Item Azure Flute are invalid as the item is only obtainable through hacking. No personal customizations allowed otherwise for PokeBank.

Genesect - Event only.

Keldeo and Meloetta - only legit ones are those given through Events.

Reshiram, Zekrom, Celebi, Jirachi and Victini - cannot be shiny. Can also be obtained under the site's Event PKMN, Database (please check the compatible games).

Last edited by HolyLyonesse on Mon Feb 10, 2014 4:57 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Hikari's Trainer Card

Smeargler

Postby Smeargler » Sat Feb 08, 2014 4:36 am

Hello I am new, but trying to get a timid Darkrai but every single one is getting shut down, any tips? I tried Event, Shiny, NonShiny, I've looked up specific details on its release and everything.

akatherealest

Postby akatherealest » Sat Feb 08, 2014 4:48 am

ik have no problems with sending normal pokemons shiny or not with 6v/evs no problem to send to my pokemon xy but i have a problem with celebi i got the event one downdloaden ther is no problem with it but when i edit celebi becuz i want it shiny pokebank doesnt let me transfer it any1 could help me with it? and if some1 needs help with normal pokemon be free to ask already transported like 40 shiny 6v/ev pokemons.

let me know about celebi shiny please.

HolyLyonesse

Postby HolyLyonesse » Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:34 am

Smeargler wrote:
Hello I am new, but trying to get a timid Darkrai but every single one is getting shut down, any tips? I tried Event, Shiny, NonShiny, I've looked up specific details on its release and everything.

Try changing your Trainer data's "Date Adventure Started" into something before September 2009. All Darkrai caught in the wild by trainers who started after that are considered hacked.
Hikari's Trainer Card

HolyLyonesse

Postby HolyLyonesse » Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:35 am

akatherealest wrote:
ik have no problems with sending normal pokemons shiny or not with 6v/evs no problem to send to my pokemon xy but i have a problem with celebi i got the event one downdloaden ther is no problem with it but when i edit celebi becuz i want it shiny pokebank doesnt let me transfer it any1 could help me with it? and if some1 needs help with normal pokemon be free to ask already transported like 40 shiny 6v/ev pokemons.

let me know about celebi shiny please.

I think Celebi might be under the non-shiny Pokemon like Reshiram, Zekrom and Victini. Will check it out later.
Hikari's Trainer Card

Return to “PokEdit Online”