forgot pass?
Keep me Logged In
Hide Session

Sun and moon send in service

Discuss current products in our store or talk about products you'd like to see us sell. Request features or talk about anything store related.
Snjcfischer
IGN: Fish
1633-5596-1108
3DS Friend Code

Sun and moon send in service

Postby Snjcfischer » Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:38 am

Hey all,

I know in the past that send in service has been a thing. Having already bought sun and my wife having moon, I am not looking to pick up an extra copy.

Alternatively, I see that you guys have the model systems now.
If one bought a new 3DS without system updates, they could install Luna OS or another os, so why the extra $200? Am I missing something?

Odaxis
IGN: Odaxis
5387-1183-7266
3DS Friend Code

Re: Sun and moon send in service

Postby Odaxis » Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:07 am

Snjcfischer wrote:Hey all,

I know in the past that send in service has been a thing. Having already bought sun and my wife having moon, I am not looking to pick up an extra copy.

Alternatively, I see that you guys have the model systems now.
If one bought a new 3DS without system updates, they could install Luna OS or another os, so why the extra $200? Am I missing something?

My guess would be
A new N3ds costs in store roughly 200-250 depending on the model.
Hours of someones time spent on setting up CFW+ all the tools and testing to make sure it works etc
upgraded SD card
Support from Cake or his staff included in price should someone mess something up

But as you said, people could buy their own and do this themselves if they feel up to the challenge.
the risk of bricking your $200 piece of equipment is low, though most new systems right now come with 11.0 or later firmware and currently require a hard mod to do anything with.
Join us on Discord - https://discord.gg/0dtdHHaqREvrHycl
Learn the basics of PKHeX - http://www.pokedit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=133&t=15264

Return to “PokEdit Store”