forgot pass?
Keep me Logged In
Hide Session

NDS Adapter Plus - How to Install (Windows 7 & Vista)

Discuss current products in our store or talk about products you'd like to see us sell. Request features or talk about anything store related.
Garrawr

Re: NDS Adapter Plus - How to Install (Windows 7 & Vista)

Postby Garrawr » Sat Nov 29, 2014 9:45 pm

mecksg1 wrote:

I'm at the same issue. I disabled the signature part and go thru the whole thing and it keeps saying device drivers not found. Any help will be nice please

Same problem, windows 8. No responses to this since February? Not a good sign. 

I guess we should just pack these adapters back up, send them back and request a refund if we're not going to get any assistance.

I'll see if I can find a solution on google first, seeing as the vendors for this product appear to be so helpful here. If I can't find it, I'll try to get a thread on reddit going warning people away from this stuff.

The internet is waaay too full of awful products with scarce support. Its unfortunate that we've run into another one.

Nooga
Head Moderator
IGN: Nic
1177-6927-8137
3DS Friend Code

Postby Nooga » Sat Nov 29, 2014 9:56 pm

I would provide solutions if I had the technical know-how on these. When they work, they work great. When they don't I have no clue
oX5T3cn.png

Garrawr

Postby Garrawr » Sat Nov 29, 2014 10:07 pm

Did some googling, this is what I ran into: 

Just so everyone is aware before they throw their money out the window,

This product DOES NOT WORK WITH WINDOWS 8. At all. Ever.

If you have 64 bit Windows 7 IT WILL ALSO NOT WORK. If you have home edition of Vista IT WILL NOT WORK. 

You are *very* limited in which OS you can use this product with. If you have any of the above OS versions, you will need to learn how to run Virtual Machine and run a copy of windows that is compatible with this product from within your already running windows copy. Its a colossal pain in the ass. 

Just wanted everyone to know that before they spend nearly $50 (after shipping and tax) on one of these things and can't install the drivers and have to spend hours in the darkest recesses of google trying to figure out how to make it work. 

----

So with that I am currently learning how to VM windows XP because apparently that will work. :'D 

@Nooga, thats okay its not your responsibility, you're just a mod. ;x

Caanen

Postby Caanen » Sun Dec 07, 2014 7:40 am

I can confirm that this does in fact work with Windows 8.1 64-bit edition.  I just successfully tested it on my black 2 game after following this Cake's guide exactly (well, not exactly for the unsigned drivers part. You need to Google 'accepting unsigned drivers for Windows 8.1 and follow those procedures then pick up Cake's guide after that).  Backup and restore worked flawlessly and I was able to play my game save after restoring (I deleted my save prior and made sure that it was gone before performing the restore).

I hope this helps everyone!  Good luck making all them 'mons!  If anyone needs an assist don't hesitate to PM me.  Always happy to help.

Caanen

Postby Caanen » Sun Dec 07, 2014 7:46 am

Garrawr wrote:

Did some googling, this is what I ran into: 

Just so everyone is aware before they throw their money out the window,

This product DOES NOT WORK WITH WINDOWS 8. At all. Ever.

If you have 64 bit Windows 7 IT WILL ALSO NOT WORK. If you have home edition of Vista IT WILL NOT WORK. 

You are *very* limited in which OS you can use this product with. If you have any of the above OS versions, you will need to learn how to run Virtual Machine and run a copy of windows that is compatible with this product from within your already running windows copy. Its a colossal pain in the ass. 

Just wanted everyone to know that before they spend nearly $50 (after shipping and tax) on one of these things and can't install the drivers and have to spend hours in the darkest recesses of google trying to figure out how to make it work. 

----

So with that I am currently learning how to VM windows XP because apparently that will work. :'D 

@Nooga, thats okay its not your responsibility, you're just a mod. ;x

I just posted that it worked on my Windows 8.1 64-bit install (host machine).  I downloaded the XP .iso before using my NDS Adapter Plus, but I figured 'what the hell' and tried it on my Host machine first for craps and giggles.

And, IT WORKED!  Very surprised because I went in thinking it was a crap shoot anyways.

In regards to virtualized environments, I'd be happy to lend you a hand.  Download VirtualBox, and google Windows XP ISO - It should take you to a Microsoft page that lets you pull down the latest end of lifecycle image.

Follow virtualbox VM installation and setup wizards and you should be up and running in no time.  Let me know if you need any help.

oscagt2

Postby oscagt2 » Tue Dec 30, 2014 9:41 pm

i just got NDS ADAPTER  PLUS but i wasn't able to make it work on my windows 8 computer. I should have known from the very beginning that is not compatible to windows 8, and ordering it. If someone knows how to make it work on windows 8, please help :'(

MissDorkie

Postby MissDorkie » Wed Dec 31, 2014 5:51 pm

My NDS adaptor isn't even showing up as unknown device. All I see are 3 bluetooth thingies in the other devices section

superus_malum11
IGN: Exsanguine
4141-3491-2984
3DS Friend Code

Postby superus_malum11 » Wed Dec 31, 2014 6:07 pm

MissDorkie wrote:

My NDS adaptor isn't even showing up as unknown device. All I see are 3 bluetooth thingies in the other devices section

did you shut the driver reinforcement off?
SIG IN PROGRESS

MissDorkie

Postby MissDorkie » Wed Dec 31, 2014 6:15 pm

superus_malum11 wrote:

MissDorkie wrote:

Yeah I did.

superus_malum11
IGN: Exsanguine
4141-3491-2984
3DS Friend Code

Postby superus_malum11 » Wed Dec 31, 2014 8:50 pm

MissDorkie wrote:

superus_malum11 wrote:

MissDorkie wrote:

Yeah I did.

this may be a dumb question is your OS Windows 7 or Vista?

and if yes to either, did you select Device Manager?
SIG IN PROGRESS

Return to “PokEdit Store”