forgot pass?
Keep me Logged In
Hide Session

Let's Discuss Pokémon - What Would You Have Done Differently?

Talk about anything Pokemon.
Sky
King's Hand
IGN: Sky
1994-1513-8216
3DS Friend Code

Let's Discuss Pokémon - What Would You Have Done Differently?

Postby Sky » Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:53 am

Sup y'all! Long time no see. Sorry bout that. I've been rather busy with school and prepping store orders. But I recently just started playing Pokémon: Ultra Moon and I must admit that I like it a lot. However, it got me thinking about what changes could've made each generation a little better. So I'm gonna list my personal opinions down below and please do feel free to discuss your own ideas too.

NOTE: This will not include remakes or anything outside of the core series. I also won't be discussing Gen VII until I've beaten Ultra Moon a couple of times. Sorry.

*Generation I - Red, Green, Blue, & Yellow*

Overall, I like Gen I. It's not my favorite but without it we wouldn't be here would we? The music, the Gym Leaders, Team Rocket, Gary (You may call him Green or Blue), it's all great. However, there's always been one aspect that I have always hated and I still don't understand. Why are the Pokémon sprites so ugly? Sure, I know that they were improved in Yellow version but they still weren't quite right. They could have been much better.

*Generation II - Gold, Silver, & Crystal*

This generation was amazing and I can't really think of much that needs to be fixed that wasn't already fixed by the release of Crystal version. Maybe give your Rival a canon name? I always call him "Vincent" because I know he's Giovanni's son.

*Generation III - Ruby, Sapphire, & Emerald*

This is my absolute favorite generation in the Pokémon series! I own all 3 but I've played Emerald like a million times. However, there are still a couple of things that I think could be improved upon. I'll list them below.

1.) Make Wally you only Rival in-game. Don't get me wrong, I like having multiple Rivals but only if it's done right. I didn't like the concept that your other Rival was the other Player Character choice. For example, if you picked May as your character, Wally should be your only Rival. Don't make Brendan your Rival too.

2.) Give Team Magma and Team Aqua some variations in their teams. It felt like Team Magma and Team Aqua only used Poochyena, Mightyena, Zubat, Golbat, and Crobat. Sure, I know that Magma used Numel and Camerupt and that Aqua used Carvanha and Sharpedo, but there still could have been some variations in their teams.

*Generation IV - Diamond, Pearl, & Platinum*

This generation was a lot like Gen II due to it already being great in the beginning but significantly improved by its third and final installment. However, I would have preferred Barry to have been my only Rival in-game. And maybe he could've picked the Starter weak to my own (Similar to Hau) because he's a hyperactive klutz. Other than those things, I can't really think of anything that could be improved but please do tell me if you can.

*Generation V - Black, White, Black 2, & White 2*

Once again, yet another great generation. I have nothing to improve in this generation. I loved the Rivals Cheren and Bianca in Black and White versions and Hugh in Black 2 and White 2 versions. Team Plasma was awesome and I liked how they essentially made sequels instead of a third version. It was a nice change of pace.

*Generation VI - X & Y*

Okay, so I'll be honest. I'm not really a big fan of Mega Evolution. I thought it was too gimmicky and OP. Sure, it looked cool but I genuinely think that the series didn't need it. But overall I liked Gen VI and the Fairy type Pokémon. However, there are still a few things that I would have preferred to have been done differently.

1.) Get rid of the roller skates and improve the movement controls. Yes, I know this was technically fixed in ORAS but X and Y could've definitely benefited from this too.

2.) I'm sorry y'all, but I actually hated the character customization that Gen VI introduced. I would have really preferred them to have given better Calem and Serena better cannon designs instead.

3.) Remember when I said that I liked multiple Rivals if it was done right? Well guess what, it wasn't done right in this generation. I liked their designs, but I thought that Shauna, Tierno, and Trevor were horrible Rivals. And once again, I didn't like battling another Player Character. I would have preferred it if Shauna and Tierno were your only main Rivals.

4.) Remove Dexio and Sina. Simply put, I found them boring and dull. But I do like the concept of Prof. Sycamore having an assistant and I think that Trevor would have fit that role rather well. You could even give him a team of random Pokémon that he caught to complete his PokéDex. After all, Shauna and Tierno would have the other two Starter Pokémon.

5.) Why didn't they release Pokémon Z...?! That actually enrages me. I loved Zygarde and I honestly hate what they did to him in Gen VII. Seriously, Gen VI really needed Pokémon Z in my opinion. Hell! Even the anime had an "XYZ" arc.

Return to “Pokemon Chatter”