forgot pass?
Keep me Logged In
Hide Session

What is/are your favourite/favourites grass type?

Talk about anything Pokemon.
Obrovskis
IGN: BillyBoy

What is/are your favourite/favourites grass type?

Postby Obrovskis » Sat Feb 13, 2016 4:39 pm

Asking because my favourite type is grass, which isn't really everyones favourite type because of their weaknesses and competitive inability, but there are some pretty cool grass types.

My top three are:
1. Sceptile - Gekko was my first starter and he was a lizard. I like lizards.
2. Breloom - Like a goomba that could actually mess Mario up. 
3. Cradily - First ever pokemon card I got. I 'borrowed' from my brother. 

Nooga
Head Moderator
IGN: Nic
1177-6927-8137
3DS Friend Code

Re: What is/are your favourite/favourites grass type?

Postby Nooga » Sun Feb 14, 2016 7:57 pm

Grovyle's my favorite, but competitively, Cradily. Got pretty far in last year's VGC regionals thanks to that bulky monster. Like Breloom, Skymin and Gogoat too.
oX5T3cn.png

Obrovskis

Postby Obrovskis » Mon Feb 15, 2016 12:15 pm

Nooga wrote:Grovyle's my favorite, but competitively, Cradily. Got pretty far in last year's VGC regionals thanks to that bulky monster. Like Breloom, Skymin and Gogoat too.

Nice! I like shaymin too, and celebi - but i cant stand Gogoat. Don't know why though :)

togebeso
IGN: Josie
5344-0865-8977
3DS Friend Code

Postby togebeso » Tue Feb 16, 2016 9:16 am

victreebel roserade & vileplume
Last edited by togebeso on Fri Feb 26, 2016 10:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Obrovskis

Postby Obrovskis » Tue Feb 16, 2016 12:00 pm

togebeso wrote:victreebel roserade & phantump

I like Roserade too. It's majestic. And Victreebel eats things whole. That's cool.

Ralloen
IGN: Ralloen
3969-7796-6811
3DS Friend Code

Postby Ralloen » Tue Feb 16, 2016 1:25 pm

I'm not overall a major grass type user, but If I had t pick favourites, judged on what I have used in the past and their effectiveness in the end, my top 5 would have to be (in order)

1) Sceptile - very useful throughout Hoenn - after training (beating Wattson with my kirlia and grovyle was a nightmare in Emerald - but doable) and has decent attacks for both the "attacking stats" and was useful in HGSS

2) Venusaur - Like Sceptile, it had it's uses - primaliry for me as back-up support in Y when I played through with a fennekin and was very good wth the Sp.Atk side of things

3) Bellossom - probably not everyones first choice of grass 'mon but it has had good and bad moments - especially being useful in pokemon Crystal for me so far - I'm sure i will be good when against Red!

4) Celebi/Shaymin - both are tied for this position because they both have the same thing that makes me like them. They are both capable of good moves, outside of distribution events for 6th gen games, they are not easy to get hold of and they are both very cute pokemon.

5) Shiftry/Ludicolo - again another tied position, and both from the good old region of Hoenn, each helping me out depending on the starter I chose. When I went down the mudkip route for OR, shiftry was on the team and was very useful with the wide variety of moves available to it and when going down the treecko route in Emerald, ludicolo offered a alternative to loading every water move onto the first pokemon that was annoying to capture in the first place, being able to suit having the commonplace water traversing moves equipped, as well as more "grass type friendly" moves added as well, making a worthy ally.

Honourable mentions that could have made the list, but didn't:
Arceus (grass forme) because Arceus.
tropius, the alternate flying pokemon, that can also serve as a "bidoof" in platinum.
Torterra, for being the pokemon owned by my sinnoh rival 90% of the time since I chose piplup, and being able to be dispatched with a simple ice beam

Obrovskis

Postby Obrovskis » Wed Feb 17, 2016 2:02 am

Ralloen wrote:I'm not overall a major grass type user, but If I had t pick favourites, judged on what I have used in the past and their effectiveness in the end, my top 5 would have to be (in order)

1) Sceptile - very useful throughout Hoenn - after training (beating Wattson with my kirlia and grovyle was a nightmare in Emerald - but doable) and has decent attacks for both the "attacking stats" and was useful in HGSS

2) Venusaur - Like Sceptile, it had it's uses - primaliry for me as back-up support in Y when I played through with a fennekin and was very good wth the Sp.Atk side of things

3) Bellossom - probably not everyones first choice of grass 'mon but it has had good and bad moments - especially being useful in pokemon Crystal for me so far - I'm sure i will be good when against Red!

4) Celebi/Shaymin - both are tied for this position because they both have the same thing that makes me like them. They are both capable of good moves, outside of distribution events for 6th gen games, they are not easy to get hold of and they are both very cute pokemon.

5) Shiftry/Ludicolo - again another tied position, and both from the good old region of Hoenn, each helping me out depending on the starter I chose. When I went down the mudkip route for OR, shiftry was on the team and was very useful with the wide variety of moves available to it and when going down the treecko route in Emerald, ludicolo offered a alternative to loading every water move onto the first pokemon that was annoying to capture in the first place, being able to suit having the commonplace water traversing moves equipped, as well as more "grass type friendly" moves added as well, making a worthy ally.

Honourable mentions that could have made the list, but didn't:
Arceus (grass forme) because Arceus.
tropius, the alternate flying pokemon, that can also serve as a "bidoof" in platinum.
Torterra, for being the pokemon owned by my sinnoh rival 90% of the time since I chose piplup, and being able to be dispatched with a simple ice beam

Nice! Celebi and Shaymin are both so cute! I like Torterra too because tortoises are reptiles. And I like Shriftry's design and Ludicolo's rainyness. I like rain. Personally though I like Vileplume over Bellossom because Vileplume is over a metre tall, and it has a sinister vibe about it, but Bellossom is so cute!

Ralloen
IGN: Ralloen
3969-7796-6811
3DS Friend Code

Postby Ralloen » Wed Feb 17, 2016 4:35 am

vileplume is good, but i prefer belossom as it has a different typing to a lot of the grass types you initialy get in the first two generations, as it loses the poison type, making itself different from the  easily obtainable pokemon of the first two generations as originally the grass types you can get "easily" are from the bulbasaur evo line in G/S/C, the oddish -> vileplume line (before getting a sun stone) the whole of the belsprout line and that's basically it.

Colton98

Postby Colton98 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 5:44 am

Turtwig, Torterra, Tropius, Abamasnow

rmcqu1
IGN: Ryan
0963-3726-5094
3DS Friend Code

Postby rmcqu1 » Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:56 pm

Treecko, Snivy, Sawsbuck, Serperior, Sceptile, Torterra, Cradily! I love Grass types! :D
Arceus Giveaway: http://www.pokedit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=122&t=12742
Join the PokEdit-Challonge Tournament Group: http://www.pokedit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=54&t=14544
Image Image

Return to “Pokemon Chatter”