forgot pass?
Keep me Logged In
Hide Session

Are these Pokemn OP pre-bank, or the trainers in gen 7 that bad?

Talk about anything Pokemon.
XxAsunaxX
IGN: Asuna
0662-3769-1291
3DS Friend Code

Are these Pokemn OP pre-bank, or the trainers in gen 7 that bad?

Postby XxAsunaxX » Sun Dec 11, 2016 4:02 pm

Well, got bored of trying doing 6v6 battles since only 5 accepted battling me, but 2 of them just ragequitted -_-, all this after countless hours trying -_-. So i grabbed my team and went to Battle Spot for 3v3, which i hate. Did 20 battles, where i won all of then, i only used Zygarde 10%, Magearna and Gyarados, Zygarde 10% fainted like 70% of the pokes, if not a little bit more, Magearna fainted the rest, Gyarados fainted like 5. Are Zygarde 10% and Magearna too strong pre-bank or are just trainers bad this gen? Btw, i dont think they are OP, Zygarde 10% while its fast, its defences are really bad, and Magearna is really slow. What do you guys think of these 2 pokemon? 

T.O.R.N.A.D.O
IGN: May
5387 1188 8297
3DS Friend Code

Re: Are these Pokemn OP pre-bank, or the trainers in gen 7 that bad?

Postby T.O.R.N.A.D.O » Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:53 am

I don't find Zygarde 10% to be OP. However Power Construct is. You can set up a Dragon Dance and when the HP becomes yellow, it will become 100% form which can wreck the whole team. Magearna is kinda OP with its new ability called Soul-Heart which is like the special version of Moxie and has decent bulk to set up Shift Gear.

XxAsunaxX
0662-3769-1291
3DS Friend Code

Postby XxAsunaxX » Wed Dec 14, 2016 7:28 am

T.O.R.N.A.D.O wrote:I don't find Zygarde 10% to be OP. However Power Construct is. You can set up a Dragon Dance and when the HP becomes yellow, it will become 100% form which can wreck the whole team. Magearna is kinda OP with its new ability called Soul-Heart which is like the special version of Moxie and has decent bulk to set up Shift Gear.

True Power Construct is a strong ability, but is hard to pull it off n Zygarde 10%, because this these defensive stats 54/71/85, its hard for it to reach yellow/red bar, setting DD with him is very risky (i dont have DD on my Zygarde).For Magearna, she isnt OP, as long as you wont let her set Shift Gear, mine is maxed spd/spatt with timid, so im not that bulky, but if i can set up a Shift Gear for free or even for little damage i can probably sweep my enemys team, and i use Fairium, so i can a free +1 spatt, even if i use Fleur Cannon next, she will be at normal spatt, all this if the enemy team lets me do thisFor her ability, it isnt OP, as you said its a Moxie for Spatt, and there's Beast Boost as well, a Scarf Kartana can as well sweep your team if you let it get those Beast Boost's :)Neither are OP, as long as you wont let neither set up :)When you see this pokemons on the select team, you just need to think on a way to not let neither set up, bring pokemons to counter those ;)

Ralloen
IGN: Ralloen
3969-7796-6811
3DS Friend Code

Postby Ralloen » Wed Dec 14, 2016 2:36 pm

Well, the pokemon in this generation do have power behind them, but in most cases I think this is because they are incredibly slow. When a Rhyperior could probably get priority based on speed for some pokemon, its worrying.

T.O.R.N.A.D.O
5387 1188 8297
3DS Friend Code

Postby T.O.R.N.A.D.O » Thu Dec 15, 2016 7:27 am

Idk why am I unable to make a quote but like I said Magearna has decent bulk to it so it can sustain enough damage to set up a shift gear. Also I survived a Dragon Pulse from Giratina-Altered like a boss with 10% Power Construct Zygarde. It was a Random Battle in showdown, I can show you the recording if you want lol. But because of that I got the impression that it can sustain some level of damages making it a lure trap for many pokemons. All of my observations are based on the Random Battles I had on showdown, so they may differ.

XxAsunaxX
0662-3769-1291
3DS Friend Code

Postby XxAsunaxX » Thu Dec 15, 2016 8:29 am

0 SpA Giratina Dragon Pulse vs. 0 HP / Zygarde 10% : 210-248 (84.3%-99.5%) -- Guaranteed 2HKO.No investments at all, anything with 80 Base SpAtt (31/252) have 50% to 1HKO him (without beneficial SpAtt nature and 85 base power and) with 2x moves, and anything with 91+ Base SpAtt can 1HKO him with a 2x move (85 base power), all this if stab :), without stab he can take some hits.For Physical 83+ have 50% to 1HKO him with a 80 base power move, 94+ can 1HKO him with a base 80 moves, all this with stab.So yeah, they dont need to have much base Att or SpAtt to 1HKO him (as long is stab) to 1HKO him, get DD its risky, i use Band on him with max spd and beneficial nature on spd (115 base spd its pretty fast), you can take so many pokemon out with it, Thousand Arrows can hit everything that its flying, so no problem getting locked on TA, something is gonna get hit hard :)

T.O.R.N.A.D.O
5387 1188 8297
3DS Friend Code

Postby T.O.R.N.A.D.O » Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:02 am

True, I would just switch in cases I feel that I am at a disadvantage. But seriously I have obliterated teams with 10% Power Construct. Not once but twice. Each time setting up a DD. Its weak defenses actually lets it go to Yellow easily and set the trap. 50% also works but it might get a while before it is in yellow.

XxAsunaxX
0662-3769-1291
3DS Friend Code

Postby XxAsunaxX » Fri Dec 16, 2016 7:32 am

T.O.R.N.A.D.O wrote:True, I would just switch in cases I feel that I am at a disadvantage. But seriously I have obliterated teams with 10% Power Construct. Not once but twice. Each time setting up a DD. Its weak defenses actually lets it go to Yellow easily and set the trap. 50% also works but it might get a while before it is in yellow.

After more then 40 battles with Zygarde 10% with Power Construct, i went to complete form like 2-3 times xD, i use him to clean  targets, or if i know anything on the otherside can outspeed me, with band i just 1HKO those squishes ;) even if tank i can usually 2HKO them, and they dont even put me on yellow, always 60% more or less.But if they outspeed me or have an Ice move, i just switch ;)

T.O.R.N.A.D.O
5387 1188 8297
3DS Friend Code

Postby T.O.R.N.A.D.O » Fri Dec 16, 2016 11:13 am

Yeah because I have KO'ed some Zygardes as well before they had the chance to retaliate. :P So its always better to switch out once you feel like you are at disadvantage.

Return to “Pokemon Chatter”