forgot pass?
Keep me Logged In
Hide Session

Competitive Team Ideas

Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire discussion.
StargazerZ99
2423-3629-2966
3DS Friend Code

Competitive Team Ideas

Postby StargazerZ99 » Sun Apr 24, 2016 10:37 pm

Ok, this has been eating at me for a while now. I've gotten into competitive gaming for Pokémon lately and I'm still trying to understand everything. I'm not smart, but I'd like to be. I'm not skilled, but I'd like to be. So I'd like to see what ideas everyone on Pokedit can come up with that work well, whether its for their playing style or it works for just about anyone, no matter their playing style. Plus, it helps me lessen the headaches and hair pulling I've been going through lately trying to figure out a good team that suits me when I can take these ideas into account. Plus its a nice discussion to see what people prefer in competitive gaming, whether it be the trolly sort of sets like F.E.A.R. or a serious powerhouse team. So feel free to post and let's disucss! :)

Ralloen
IGN: Ralloen
3969-7796-6811
3DS Friend Code

Re: Competitive Team Ideas

Postby Ralloen » Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:17 am

I'm not that into the actual compeitive battling -I'm really bad - but I found links to sites with good suggestions, so I'll post them here so people can check 'em out if they so wish. Hopefully they'll lead to good team construction!

http://www.usgamer.net/articles/what-ar ... ve-pokemon

https://levelskip.com/rpgs/The-Top-5-Co ... on-X-and-Y

http://strategywiki.org/wiki/Pok%C3%A9m ... ing_a_Team

I've literally just found these by googling "Good competitive pokemon" and I hope it can help the people who are going to become much greater battlers! Or, if you're a seasoned veteran in the pokemon battling field that might need some new ideas. (all credits go to the people who own the sites, I'm just leaving the links on this post for quick access to them for those who need them)

StargazerZ99
2423-3629-2966
3DS Friend Code

Postby StargazerZ99 » Mon Apr 25, 2016 10:38 am

These are very useful but they shouldn't determine what everyone needs. I'll keep these ideas in mind while others can too, and maybe even discuss what's better or other options to try with these sets that others might not have. I'd love to discuss this stuff with others on here :) It makes it all the more interesting.

Ralloen
IGN: Ralloen
3969-7796-6811
3DS Friend Code

Postby Ralloen » Mon Apr 25, 2016 11:40 am

it can be nice to have a couple of ideas to springboard off though which is why i supplied them

StargazerZ99
2423-3629-2966
3DS Friend Code

Postby StargazerZ99 » Mon Apr 25, 2016 11:43 am

Ralloen wrote:it can be nice to have a couple of ideas to springboard off though which is why i supplied them

And I thank you for that, good sir :), its very useful, especially with the obvious like Klefki or Greninja.

Nooga
Head Moderator
IGN: Nic
1177-6927-8137
3DS Friend Code

Postby Nooga » Tue Apr 26, 2016 3:40 pm

Smogon or VGC?
oX5T3cn.png

StargazerZ99
2423-3629-2966
3DS Friend Code

Postby StargazerZ99 » Tue Apr 26, 2016 6:55 pm

Nooga wrote:Smogon or VGC?

Either.

Less
IGN: Electra
3883-6420-9136
3DS Friend Code

Postby Less » Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:41 pm

Gonna start with saying that it's been 4 or 5 months that I left the competitive scene due to school/exams and currently waiting for the new meta to come up. Assuming that nothing much has changed in the current metagame (which is likely as nothing intresting has been introduced). I used to always look solutions in the old school pokemons. The problem with compettive battles is the predict that people may have on you. The more predictable you are the easier you are to get played and defeated. Being unique in your choices is often risky as there is always a pokemon that can do better the job and that's most likely the OverUsed option but its a high reward if your strategy goes smooth. I used to go for things like Lead Machamp, Defensive Cruel, Revenge Zam and the list goes on. So trolly things I used mostly Rain Teams as Crit Kingdra used to be a thing back then there all sorts of things the best thing to do is to experience differents things maybe starting with a standard OU team and the from there changing. :) Hope it made sense xoxo

StargazerZ99
2423-3629-2966
3DS Friend Code

Postby StargazerZ99 » Sat Apr 30, 2016 5:28 pm

Less wrote:Gonna start with saying that it's been 4 or 5 months that I left the competitive scene due to school/exams and currently waiting for the new meta to come up. Assuming that nothing much has changed in the current metagame (which is likely as nothing intresting has been introduced). I used to always look solutions in the old school pokemons. The problem with compettive battles is the predict that people may have on you. The more predictable you are the easier you are to get played and defeated. Being unique in your choices is often risky as there is always a pokemon that can do better the job and that's most likely the OverUsed option but its a high reward if your strategy goes smooth. I used to go for things like Lead Machamp, Defensive Cruel, Revenge Zam and the list goes on. So trolly things I used mostly Rain Teams as Crit Kingdra used to be a thing back then there all sorts of things the best thing to do is to experience differents things maybe starting with a standard OU team and the from there changing. :) Hope it made sense xoxo

So you went with the NU tier Pokémon to be less predictable? Interesting.
And for anyone new coming into competitive battling, since I've been trying to go at it for a while now, just start with a standard OU team?

Motoredwin
IGN: Motoredwin
2423-4693-3668
3DS Friend Code

Postby Motoredwin » Sun May 01, 2016 11:37 pm

Although im not really good at competative, the first step i seem to check are types and ev's to have. I always wanna see which have less weakness and more resistants although some cases i would use risky pokemon like carracosta but it all depends on the moves and ev's i invested. Another thing i check is partners in pokemon which help each other with their weakness and be able to cover each other when switching.

Im always up for a battle to see what you come up with and test it out.
Sprites, Pokemon and all related characters belong to nintendo

Return to “ORAS”